Rabbit shooting competition.

Clarisse's POV

We met at Thalia's tree in the afternoon. Percy came up to me trying to start a conversation.

"Hey"

"What?"

"I just wanna say thanks"

"For what?"

"You weren't there when they kicked me out of camp"

"Out of all the things you've done I don't think anyone deserves to get kicked out of their home. Trust me I know what it feels like." Most of the demigods at camp knew what it felt like, at least half of us were kicked out of our homes. Percy was lucky he got a parent like Sally, it was the only thing he got lucky for.

Enough sentimental stuff.

We traveled until it was dark and by then we were half way there. The hunters were fast and I was always falling behind but I managed to stay within hearing range. The whole way they were joking Percy and Artemis were acting like best friends, Thalia and Phoebe were having competitions: who could shoot the most rabbit's, who could poke Percy the most times without him noticing, who could do the most flips and so on .All while keeping up with the others. Annabeth was falling slightly behind me, she could normally keep up with me but I think she was trying to stay away from Percy. We had set up a small camp it had no tents just a fire where we were cooking the results of Thalia and Phoebe's competition. 

"Sooo . . ." Percy said breaking the silence.

Artemis saved him from his misery, "We leave at dawn tomorrow, traveling the remaining two hours to Boston where we will meet Annabeth's cousin at a café." Everyone nodded along and proceeded to eat the rabbit that was cooked eventually moving to different corners of the camp to sleep.  

*Time skip sponsored by Jack*

"Hey!" Phoebe said to me as we ran behind the others. She had fallen back while Thalia, Percy and Artemis joked. According to her I wasn't that bad to talk to, it probably helps that we're half sisters.(That is right, isn't it?)

"Hi." I replied.

"Only about ten minutes now," Thalia joined in also falling back.

"Good," "Do you think they play capture the flag?" I really want something to punch, stab or kick.

Phoebe shrugged, "Dunno."

We continued to run in silence until we got to a small café and walked towards a table where two people sat. 

One extended their hand, "Hi, I'm Alex and this is Magnus!"

**********************

 399 words and 726 reads!

Who do you want to help in the war?

Thank you so much for reading,

Louloudiwrites.                     01/03/2021