A last moment of peace

*Piper's POV*

I think I speak for everyone when I say we did not expect to see fifteen people rush into help with the battle. I mean sure we expected the hunters, we really needed the hunters, but there were way more than fifteen of them.

I cursed as my hair fell out of the bun it was previously in and I had to dodge the hellhound I was fighting. Half of our forces had fallen, me and the seven were among the few left standing, that is the seven minus Percy.

Then six figures ran onto the battle field: Percy, Artemis and four other I didn't know. A volley of silver arrows rained from the sky as five of the archers ran onto the battlefield, the youngest clearly being left as backup. Percy moved towards me.

"Status report?"

"About 50 monsters left, we found out the rune lights things on fire but it's status is unknown and Nyx is-" I was cut off by laughter.

"-there," I sighed.

The sky darkened and I felt drowsy as I fell.

*Artemis' POV*

All around me demigods fell until only the Norse and some of my hunters were standing. Percy made his way through the crowd of monsters, leaving my back to kill the remainders that others were originally fighting. I took out the last hellhound as Nyx walked onto the battle field holding the rune, Blitzen quickly translated Hearthstone's sign language.

"You need to submerge it in ice!"

"Get out of here before you die!"

They ran away as Nyx beckoned me forward, Thalia took a step in front of me.

"Stop. I can fight my own battles," she looked confused at my statement as Percy turned to look at me.

"Knight against knight." The words were barely a whisper coming from his mouth.

I spun and threw a dagger towards the tree line where an empousi had emerged from the forest.

The next step felt heavy, like I was walking towards my doom and I probably was, but that didn't matter. I just wanted to finish this, to protect my pack.

I drew my knives as me and any engaged in a deadly dance of slashes and stabs, dodges and kicks. I cut the rope around her neck, kicking the rune towards Percy and dodging her next attack.

Thalia started screaming and I froze.

"It's to warm to form ice, let me take your place!"

I promptly refused and went back to my fight. Thalia launched herself towards me, pushing me away to take my place, keeping up with Nyx by sheer willpower and stubbornness. I turned towards the sky to start screaming at my brother but he seemed to have gotten the message as the sun set and the sky was lit by moonlight. My head hurt due to the unnatural time but I stood my ground as Percy froze the rune in a block of ice and it shattered into a million pieces, Nyx screamed and burst into a golden light.

I sighed and ran towards Thalia who was leaning on Percy.

"We should leave," I agreed letting Apollo take control of the sky once again. Thalia shoved ambrosia into her mouth and limped towards the forest with the other hunters while the demigods woke up. I turned one last time the look at the battlefield and then followed, walking towards my home.

*****************

553 words!

Sorry about the long delay, I hope you enjoyed the story. I'm going to take some time to edit the beginning chapters but there may be a sequel after that so comment if you want one and if so what you want included in that sequel.

Thanks for reading,

       Louloudiwrites     

                                     11/04/2021