Stuck on Earth III

The Diamonds realize they were wrong.

--

"She's going to be fine," Yellow said after examining Pink, who was laying down on the ground.

A sigh of relief came from White and Blue.

"White, we need to talk about what she said to you," Blue said. "We can't ignore it."

"I know," White said. "It... hurts, that she feels that way about me."

"We deserved that," Yellow said. "It's true. We have been awful to her."

"She said that you two were afraid of me." White turned to Yellow and Blue. "Is that true?"

Blue and Yellow looked at each other, then back at White.

"White, you know that we love you, but you can be..." Yellow tried to find the right words. "Indimidating."

White's eyes went wide at that. Just then, Pink groaned. The three of them looked at her.

"What happened..?" Pink asked as she sat up.

"You fainted," Blue said. "Pink, are you alright?"

"I'm fine now, thanks," Pink said. "Felt good getting that out of my system-" Then, she looked at White, and saw an expression on her she had never seen before.

Guilt.

"Pink, I'm... sorry," White said, unable to make eye contact. "You said no apology can make up for what I did, and you're right. I'm ready to listen now. So are Yellow and Blue."

"...Good," Pink said. "I'll get straight to the point. I'm pregnant."

"What? What does that mean?" Yellow asked.

Seriously?!

"Uhh, how do I explain this?" Pink thought carefully. "Do you know about organic reproduction?"

"That is when a male and female organic produce an offspring, yes?" White asked.

"Yes," Pink said.

White then put two and two together, and her eyes went wide. "YOU REPRODUCED WITH A HUMAN?!"

Pink sighed. Of course this would be her reaction. "Yes, White. When the mother is growing a child inside their body, it is called being pregnant."

"Pink, we are trying to be open minded, but... this, this is preposterous!" Yellow said. "But it does answer why your stomach is so bloated."

"So you are saying that there is an organic in your stomach as we speak?" Blue asked.

"Yes." Pink put her hand on her stomach. "I'm due to give birth in a few days. My child and I, we can't both exist."

"That means... oh stars!" Blue's hands shot up to her mouth.

"Pink, you're really going to give your life up for this organic inside you?" Yellow asked.

"It's... it's what I want," Pink said. "To experience life as a human being."

"Do tell me, who is the human you are having this child with?" White asked.

===

Greg stared in shock at the three unfamiliar gems in front of him.

"Greg, this is White, Yellow, and Blue," Pink said. "My... family." She hissed that last word out.

"Where are Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl?" Greg asked.

White froze. "I..."

"I'll explain to you later, but let's just say that we got into a fight with these guys here and they're... gone," Pink looked down in sorrow.

Greg's eyes went wide. "Why- how could you?!" He looked at the diamonds.

"They have no right to be forgiven, and they know this," Pink said. "As punishment for their crimes, I stripped them of their powers and trapped them here on Earth with no way home."

The diamonds then remembered that Pink had destroyed their ships.

"Greg, you know I'm due soon," Pink said. "The Diamonds seem to be ready to listen to me, so while I'm still here, we're going to teach them everything we can."

"...Alright," Greg nodded, baffled how Pink could even think of hosting them.

"I do wonder, what do you plan on naming the organic when it is born?" Blue asked.

"If it's a girl, we're naming it Nora. If it's a boy, we're naming it Steven," Greg said. "Scans show that it will most likely be a boy."

"Oh, human names are so adorable!" Blue smiled. Pink rolled her eyes.

===

"Pink, why are you letting them stay here? Didn't they just KILL Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl?" Greg asked, baffled. He and Pink were talking privately in his van while the Diamonds waited near the temple.

"Greg, trust me, I don't want to, but I don't have a choice," Pink said.

"From what you've told me about them, they aren't trustworthy," Greg said.

"They're not. Trust me, this is the last thing I ever wanted to do," Pink said. "But as much as I don't want to admit it, I know they love me. They're just REALLY bad at showing it. Our child will have my gem. They will love it too... I hope."

"I don't have a good feeling about this, Pink," Greg said. "But if you're willing to give them a chance, so will I."