Stuck on Earth V

Pink Diamond gives birth.

——

The ensuing panic that followed was a blur to Pink. She was rushed back to the temple and Greg was called. She found herself, Greg, and the Diamonds inside her room in the temple.

Pink had the room create a bed for her, which she was now lying on.

"So, how is this gonna work?" Greg asked.

"I-I don't know," Pink said, trying to hide her panic. "I think it'll just... happen." Another jolt of pain coursed through her body. She hissed in pain.

"Pink, remember to breathe," Greg urged, holding her hand. "It's ok."

"Pink, is there anything we can do?!" Blue cried.

"...Leave," Pink said, her voice low.

"What?" The Diamonds looked at her.

"LEAVE!!" Pink cried.

"Pink, please. We'll never see you again," White cried.

"We want to be here for you," Yellow said.

"I want to be alone with Greg," Pink said, tears streaming down her eyes. "Please."

The Diamonds looked at eachother.

"Very well," White sighed. "We love you, Pink. I hope you know that."

"I do," Pink said. "I really do."

The Diamonds went to leave, but before they did, Pink said, "Wait!!"

The Diamonds turned around, looking at her.

"When I'm gone, give my child the love I never got," Pink said. "My child is not me, and should not be treated like me. They are their own being, a blank slate. Make sure they are heard, loved, and happy."

"...Will do," White said. "We promise."

Pink smiled. "Thank you."

===

The Diamonds stood outside the temple door for what felt like forever. They were silent, feeling every second pass by.

Suddenly, the temple door opened. They all turned to see Greg, red faced and teary eyed, holding something wrapped in a blanket.

"White, Yellow, Blue," Greg sniffed. He walked over to them. "I'd like you to meet Steven Diamond Universe."

The three Diamonds looked to see a baby boy wrapped in the blanket. He was peacefully asleep.

"He... he looks just like her," Blue said, tearing up.

Greg then pulled part of the blanket off, showing the Diamonds the gem embedded in his navel. Their eyes went wide.

"Pink..." White gasped.

"She really is gone," Yellow said in realization.

"What do we do now?" Blue asked.

"We take care of him," Greg said. "Together."

"How... how will we do that? We know nothing about humans!!" Blue exclaimed.

"We'll figure it out," Greg said. "It'll take a while, that's for sure, but I think you guys will understand eventually."

"I... I hope we do," White said, smiling at the newborn infant. "And then maybe we'll finally understand Pink."