Fear

White's lack of control leads to her making one of the worst decisions she's ever made.

2 chapters in 1 day?! How epic.

Fucking hell I am so bad at describing things.

EDIT: Currently my favorite chapter.

——

"White, you need to calm down."

"Please, it's going to be alright."

This was the last thing Steven expected to hear when he walked into the house, but lo and behold, there was White, cowering in the corner with Blue and Yellow over her. She stood, her face a mix of fear and anger. The way she stood... she was terrified.

 she was terrified

(Lol I made art)

"White, you need to tell us what's going on," Yellow urged. "You've been a nervous wreck ever since the interaction with Peridot. It's been so evident."

"There's nothing wrong," White said, though her tone of voice said otherwise. "Never has been. Never will be."

"Yesterday, you admitted to me there was," Blue furrowed her eyebrows. "You're afraid of whoever took control of Homeworld."

"I'm NOT!!" White cried. "I'm not afraid of ANYTHING!!"

"You clearly are," Yellow said. "Now calm down and talk to us like a rational gem."

Yellow and Blue expected White to calm down, but instead, White's mouth grew into a snarl as her eyes began to glow a blinding white.

"WHITE, NO!!" Blue and Yellow screamed, backing away.

Steven gasped, running over. Just as White's eyes began to jet out her controlling light, Steven jumped in front of Yellow and Blue, getting hit with the light himself.

"STEVEN!!" Blue and Yellow cried in horror as he fell to the ground. Blue rushed to Steven's side while Yellow angrily slapped White across the face, which managed to snap her out of it. Her eyes returned to normal.

"Wha.. what?" White asked. She then saw Steven, and clasped her hands over her mouth. "STEVEN!!"

Blue picked up Steven carefully, who had passed out. She stared daggers at White, who backed away. "I-I..."

"Blue, check his gem," Yellow said urgently.

Blue lifted up Steven's shirt to see that his gem had been bleached white. White saw what she had done to his gem, and backed into the wall. "No..."

Immediately, White let go of her control, and Steven's gem returned to its normal pink hue. However, he didn't wake up.

"White, we're not happy with you," Blue said, trying not to yell at her. She held onto Steven closely.

"I-I didn't mean to control him," White cried, tears falling down her cheeks.

"But you tried to control us," Yellow said.