Travel Games

Epsilon 12 is quite far away, so the Diamonds have to entertain themselves.

Sorry for the long wait!! I'm recovering from wisdom tooth surgery.

Cue me being immature as fuck

——

Steven looked out the window, watching as space flew past him.

"We are now on autopilot," Demantoid said.

Yellow stood, stretching her legs. "Feels good to be back in space again."

"Sure does," White said, walking over to where Steven and Blue were sitting. "Blue, isn't this colony of yours quite recent?" She sat down with Blue and Steven.

"Yes, I had begun work on it only a couple years before we went to Earth," Blue said. "There will likely still be life there when we arrive."

"So we're going to an alien planet?" Steven asked.

"Yes," Blue said. "One with organic life, just like Earth."

"Cool!!" Steven said.

"I wonder who else will be stationed on that planet," Yellow said as she sat down with them.

"We'll find out soon enough," White said.

It was silent for a few moments.

"Demantoid, come join us!!" Steven insisted suddenly.

"What?" Demantoid turned, looking at him. "Why?"

"We're just talking!!" Steven said. "Come!!"

Demantoid looked at Steven curiously before sighing. "Alright." She got up from her chair, walking over and sitting down with them. She could feel the Diamond's gazes searing through her form.

"M-My Diamonds..." Demantoid looked at them with an awkward smile.

It was silent for a moment.

"Let's play a game!!" Steven suggested.

"A game?" Everyone looked at him.

"Yea!! How about... truth or dare?" Steven suggested.

"What is... dare?" Demantoid raised an eyebrow.

"It's when I tell you to do something ridiculous, and you have to do it," Steven said. "And a truth is where I ask a question and you have to answer honestly."

"Hm, understood," Demantoid nodded.

"I'll go first!!" Steven said. "Blue, truth or dare?"

Blue thought for a moment before settling with, "Truth."

"Hm, have you ever disobeyed White?" Steven asked.

Blue's eyes went wide as White looked at her.

"W-well," Blue looked to the side. "Remember when you told me not to leave Omicron 9's moon base?"

"Yes?" White raised an eyebrow.

"I snuck out and met up with Yellow," Blue blushed a little. Yellow's eyes went wide as she blushed.

Blue expected her to yell at her, but White only chuckled lightheartedly. "Oh darling Moonbeam, you really thought I didn't know you did that?"

"What?" Blue's eyes snapped open as she looked at White.

"I just let it slide because it was so brief," White said. "And you were ahead of schedule anyway."

"O-oh," Blue nodded.

"Ok Blue, your turn!!" Steven said.

"Hm, Yellow, truth or dare?" Blue asked.

"Dare," Yellow said.

Blue's lips formed a devilish grin. "I dare you to prank call Yelp and ask for someone named 'Dill Doe'."

Yellow's eyes went wide. "What?!"

"Do it, it's a dare," Blue said.

Yellow took a deep breath before pulling out a communicator. She then dialed Yelp, who picked up pretty quickly. "My Diamond!! It is a pleasure to hear your voice!!"

"Yes, uhh, I'm looking for a 'Dill Doe'," Yellow said, earning a chuckle from White and Blue. "Could you ask Bloop?"

"Uhh, sure," Yelp turned to Bloop. "Do you know a Dill Doe?"

Blue started to wheeze laugh, hitting the ground with her fist.

"I'm sorry, my Diamond, neither of us know of a Dill Doe," Yelp said.

"T-that's alright," Yellow choked out through a laugh. "Nice talking!!" She hung up immediately, busting into laughter. "I can't believe I did that!!"

"I don't get it," Steven said.

"Me either," Demantoid said.

"That's fine," White laughed. "You'll get it when you're older, Steven."

Yellow soon calmed down. "Alright, alright. Demantoid, truth or dare?"

Everyone looked at Demantoid.

"...Truth," Demantoid said.

"How did you manage to convince all of Homeworld that we were shattered?" Yellow asked.

The ship was silent as Demantoid processed the question.

"I..." Demantoid realized what she had just gotten herself into. "Honestly, I'm not sure how Homeworld managed to buy our lie. It was such a long shot, I'm surprised Hessonite managed to convince everyone."

"Hm," White looked at her.

"We're here," Yellow suddenly pointed out.

Everyone stood, looking out the window to see a planet with a blue and purple atmosphere in the distance. Steven ran over to the window, pressing his face against it.

"Is that Epsilon 12?!" Steven asked.

"Yes," Blue said. "Yes it is."