Stevonnie

Stevonnie is born.

——

"...And then Malachite got dragged into the ocean," Steven said, finishing his story.

"Yikes," Connie said. "And you're ok, right?"

"Yea, I'm ok," Steven said.

"That's good," Connie smiled.

Steven blushed a little, then gasped. "Oh!! I was going through my dads music, and found this!!" He pulled out a cassette tape. "I think you'll like it." He put it into the nearby radio, and pressed play.

"Oh, I like it!!" Connie smiled. "Care to dance?"

Steven's face turned hot red. "S-sure."

They both stood, holding hands. They began to dance awkwardly.

"This... this is nice," Connie said.

"Yea," Steven said, smiling.

Connie laughed playfully as they started to dance in circles. Steven also began to laugh. Then, suddenly, Steven's gem began to glow. The two of them didn't notice their bodies begin to fuse into a ball of light.

===

The newly born fusion opened their eyes, noticing Steven's flip flops were too small for their feet now. "Whoa. Why am I-?" They picked up Steven's flip flop. "Why is... your sandal too small for my- your feet?"

They ran their hands along their legs, hip, and stomach. "Steven?" They grabbed their hair in shock. "Connie?!" They gasped. "We- I fused!!" They struggled to stand up. "Wait. Ugh, this- no. This is gr-great! Oh my gosh, look at you now!" They finally managed to stand. "I'm a fusion... I have to show everybody."

===

The Diamonds gazed at the fusion in utter shock and surprise.

"Pretty cool, right?" The fusion stood confidently.

"He fused? With his friend Connie?" Blue stared. "This is unprecedented." She started to examine all over the fusions body. "A Gem fusing with a human being...? It's impossible! Or at the very least inappropriate."

"Blue, it's- it's fine," The fusion said.

"Hm, what do you plan on calling yourself?" Yellow asked.

"Hm," The fusion thought. "Steven... Connie... Stevonnie!!" They concluded. "I'm Stevonnie!!"

"Yes. Well, I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves, but you two should unfuse this instant." White said.

Everyone looked at White.

"White, I thought you were fine with fusion now," Stevonnie furrowed their eyebrows.

"I-I am, I swear!! It's just... I don't- this is... new," White settled on. "I didn't even know Steven was capable of fusion at all!! I mean, he's..." She looked at Yellow and Blue nervously.

"White, think before you speak," Yellow warned.

"Stevonnie, can I speak with you privately?" White asked. "In your room?"

"We... we are in my- Steven's room," Stevonnie said.

"No," White said. "Your room in the temple."

"I-He has a room in the temple?!" Stevonnie gasped.

"Yes," White said. "I'm surprised you didn't know this. Come."

Stevonnie nervously followed White to the temple door. Yellow and Blue looked at each other, both wondering what in the hell White was doing.

Once they reached the temple door, White reached down, tapping Stevonnie's gem lightly. Suddenly, the identical gem on the temple door began to glow, and the door to Pink's room opened.

"WOAH!!" Stevonnie looked at it, starry eyed.

"Come," White beckoned, leading Stevonnie inside. The temple door closed behind them.

"White, what are you doing?" Stevonnie asked nervously now that they were alone. "Are... are you mad?"

"No," White said. "Before I speak though, let me explain this room, or at least explain what Pink told me. She said this room has magical properties, and can make anything from clouds, just as long as it comes from you, and it's... simple."

"Hm, alright," Stevonnie said. "Room, make a bed."

Suddenly, a bed appeared. Stevonnie gasped. "WOAH!!" They ran over, jumping onto it. "This is awesome!!"

"Yes," White smiled. She then poked the bed gently with her fingertip, causing it to disintegrate. Stevonnie fell onto the floor. "Wha- hey!!"

White chuckled playfully. "Sorry."

Stevonnie stood back up. "Room, make me two chairs for me and white."

Two chairs then spawned. Stevonnie sat down in one, while White sat in the other. Both chairs faced each other.

"Alright, so what's so important that Yellow and Blue can't hear about it?" Stevonnie asked.

"Well..." White blushed, looking down. She fiddled with her fingers. "Connie, I'm directing this towards you."

"Uhh, ok," Connie's voice bled through.

"Can you see... his memories?" White asked.

Stevonnie was confused for a moment before realizing what she meant. "I... well, not really. No. I mean, do you want me to try?"

"Not right now, no," White said. "I was just wondering."

"What does she want?" Connie asked inside Stevonnie's mind.

"I don't know, but I might have theory," Steven said.

"White, are you trying to access Pink's memories?" Stevonnie asked through Steven's voice.

White froze for a moment before collecting herself. "Perceptive, aren't you?"

"Why do you want Pink's memories?" Stevonnie asked, furrowing their eyebrows.

"I... I want to know what she was thinking in her last moments," White said. "Steven is able to fuse with humans, so he must be able to fuse with gems. I thought if I fused with him I could... I..." She sighed. "Access those memories."

"White, that's... that's not ok," Stevonnie said.

"I know that," White said. "I shouldn't have asked such a question in the first place."

"No, it's ok," Stevonnie insisted. "You asked instead of just doing it without Steven knowing. That's good."

"I guess..." White looked into the distance. "I miss her so much." She sighed.

Stevonnie stood, walking over to White. They held their arms out. "Hug?"

White smiled. "...Sure." She stood, hugging Stevonnie.