A new Era I

The Diamonds host a ball to celebrate era 3.

——

The Diamonds had a lot to clean up. Before they could do anything, they apologized to their fellow gems. White carefully explained what had really happened, and made it clear she wanted to fix things.

She was surprised at how forgiving the gems were. She truly was.

Next, freeing the garnets from their bubbles. White had to also explain what had happened to them.

And of course, explaining the situation with Pink. White spent a long time explaining the story of what really happened to Pink. Some gems took it well, others didn't.

And with all of that out of the way, the Diamonds decided to celebrate their return to power; An era 3 ball.

"A ball?" Steven looked at the Diamonds.

"To celebrate the new era, of course!!" White said. "It's now era 3!!"

"Era 3?" Steven looked at her.

"Oh, I should explain," White said. "When all of us Diamonds were made, era 1 began. When pink faked her... y'know, that was the beginning of era 2. Now, with our power back, I can confidently say this is a new era. An era of change. An era of good."

"So, what'll the ball be like?" Steven asked. "Do I have to dress up?"

"Well, a diamond ball is a very lavish event, so it is in your best interest to," White said. "We'll have an outfit commissioned for you, one that will suit you well."

"Pink was normally in charge of planning these," Yellow said.

"She was?" Steven looked at Yellow.

"Yes," Yellow said.

"Well, I want all of us to plan it!!" Steven said. "This ball is for all of us, so we should all be involved in planning!!"

"You're right," Blue said. "What are your ideas?"

"Let's have confetti cannons!! Oh, and balloons everywhere!!" Steven suggested. "And lots of music for dancing!! And snacks!! Lots of snacks!!"

"We'll see what we can do," White said, chuckling lightheartedly.

"Wait!! Can I invite Dad? And Connie? And Lapis and Peridot? And the Pearls?" Steven asked.

"How would we get them to homeworld?" Yellow asked, raising a brow.

"We can get the Galaxy warp fixed!!" Steven said. "Wouldn't that be awesome?"

"I mean..." Yellow looked at White. "Could we do that?"

"I'll send a team of flask robonoids down to Earth to have the Galaxy warp fixed," White said.

Steven gasped, starry eyed.

===

It was the day of the era 3 ball. Steven had spent the night in White's chambers. White walked over to him. "Wake up, Starlight." She said softly.

"Ah..." He sat up, rubbing his eyes. "Mornin', White."

"How'd you sleep? I hope the bed the pebbles made was comfortable," White said.

"It was!!" Steven said. Suddenly, the door opened. It was Yellow and Blue.

"Report has come in. The warp is fixed," Yellow said.

"Wonderful," White said.

"AWESOME!!" Steven said, pulling out his phone. "I'm gonna text dad and Connie to meet me at the beach house."