Love is a strong word

Yellow opens up to Blue.

——

"Steven, I need your help."

Steven looked to see Yellow walking over towards him.

"Sure! What do you need?" Steven asked.

"I want to... what's the word?" She blushed. "Propose to Blue," Yellow said.

Steven's eyes widened. "REALLY?! THAT'S-"

"Shh," Yellow shushed him. "It's a secret. I want to surprise her. I've been heavily researching the Earth concept of a wedding and a marriage, and I would like to participate in this with Blue. The thing is, I am yet to... admit, my feelings to her, and I don't know if she feels the same."

"I'm sure she does!!" Steven said. "You've already fused!! I'm sure she loves you!!"

Yellow took a deep breath. "Yes..." She said with uncertainty. "So from what I know, I must give her a ring while on my knee, and ask for her hand in marriage."

"Exactly!!" Steven said. "But you can be creative with it too!!"

"How so?" Yellow asked.

"That's up to you," Steven said. "Maybe take her out on a date, then when the time is right, whip out the ring."

"Hm..." Yellow thought for a moment, then an idea popped into her head. "I know just the place."

===

"A date?"

"Yea!" Yellow said, her face burning with embarrassment. "I thought maybe we could... do that."

"I'd love to!!" Blue kissed Yellow on the cheek, her face becoming impossibly flushed. "Where would you like to go, love?"

"W-well..." Yellow turned away for a moment. "That's a surprise. If you would come with me."

"Oh!! Ok!!" Blue said as she followed Yellow towards the warp pad. Steven gave Yellow a thumbs up as she walked by him. She smiled back.

===

Blue's eyes went wide when she and Yellow arrived at their destination. It was a gorgeous field with flowers as far as the eye can see. Nearby was a picnic blanket with several food items all over it.

"Yellow, this is incredible!!" Blue said.

"Thank you, Blue," Yellow said. She and Blue went over to the picnic blanket, and sat down on it together.

"What is this place, anyway?" Blue asked.

"I discovered this place a couple months ago," Yellow said. "I found myself coming here every so often to cool down if I needed to. Now this activity is what humans call a 'picnic'. They sit on this blanket and eat certain foods in a field. This basket here is used to carry the food."

"Human traditions are so interesting," Blue chuckled. "It's quite different from how it is back home."

"That it is," Yellow said, growing nervous.

"Yellow, are you alright?" Blue asked.

"Yes!!" Yellow almost shouted. "It's just... you're so beautiful." Her face burned a hot red as Blue began to blush as well.

"Yellow," Blue took Yellow's hand into her own. "I know you love me. I love you too, Yellow. I always will."

Yellow breathed in deeply. Now or never.

"Blue," Yellow looked at her. "My feelings... stretch far before even the beginning of era one. When I first saw you emerge, you were the most beautiful gem I had ever laid my eyes upon, and you still are. There's nothing in the universe that could change that. I love you so much, Blue, and I want everyone to know that."

"I love you too, Yellow," Blue said, locking eyes with her.

"Good," Yellow said. She got onto one knee, pulling a ring out of her gem. "I want to spend the rest of my eternal life with you. I want to be by your side until the universe dies of a heat death. Blue Diamond, will you take this ring and accept my hand in marriage? Will... will you marry-"

Before Yellow could even finish, Blue slammed her lips into Yellow. They began to kiss as Blue pulled her into an embrace.

Eventually, Blue pulled away. She took the ring, slipping it onto her finger. "I will treasure this ring forever, just like I will treasure you, Yellow."

Yellow began to shed tears of happiness. Blue wiped them away with her thumb. "Dry those tears, my radiant Sun. It's my job to cry."

Yellow chuckled. "Blue, you're too funny."

"And you're too cute," Blue said.

===

Steven looked to see the warp pad activate. When the light faded away, Blue and Yellow stood there. Steven ran over. "So, how'd it go?"

Blue showed off the ring on her finger. Steven gasped, starry eyed. "WEDDING TIME!!"