Chapter 3

Ariche Point of View

"You will die." I shrugged looking at the chief of the small village we are inspecting.

"Are you cursing us?" The old man exasperated but I couldn't understand his expression though. He has thick eyebrows, mustache and beard as long and wide as my hair. He is old but his hair is in pristine condition spanning from the ears and covered most of his forehead.

I could hardly see any skin on him.

What in the name of Ariche Gil does he do to have such hair?

"No she isn't, Mr. Stevens."

"Of course I am." Lucas and Sky said in unison with me. Let's make it clear,

"Ari." Lucas whisper yelled at me and tried to pull me by shoulder but I'm very much determined to tell this old man that he is definitely going to die and how he is going to die.

It is my duty to inform them about everything when I take up a case.

"Mr. Stevens, If you don't cut a little of your whiskers or beard, you will definitely die of suffocation. How do you even breathe through it?" I wonder how big his nostril holes are.

I haven't seen them till now; his nose is deeply buried in his mustache.

"You –" He started but I inched close to him and held his beard to in one hand while my other hand started to dig the hair to see if there is any skin beneath them.

Don't tell me –

Don't tell me he –

"Mr. Stevens, did you get a perm for your mustache? Wow, it looks so bushy. I almost thought you have no nose if I haven't parted the hair and see the small almost invisible opening there." Amazing.

I have to take the address to the salon he goes to. I have long hair but it is too thin and straight. If only I get hold of the talented person who helped him grow such jungle of hair and permed it to perfection, I can even grow unwanted hair.

"You – this –" The old man tried to tell me something but I can clearly see he is trying to deviate me from appreciating his facial hair. "I don't allow anyone into this village due to previous attempts by others to exploit our resources for their selfish reasons. It is the first time I ever permitted someone to come and give advices in providing help with raining income to the villagers all the while protecting our resources well. You, girl, are a bad news."

Throughout the speech he gave, the only good thing he said is that I am a bad news.

Others would have felt offended by it but my thoughts and views on life are different. Why should everyone be only good news?

What is so good about good?

What is so bad about bad?

"What is good and bad? Good is nothing but not being bad and bad is just being what is not good." I quoted with a tone that is filled with sagely wisdom.

Being bad is not necessarily bad and being good is not necessarily good. In my twenty three years of life experience, there is something I was enlightened in early years itself –

Sometimes, good person is worse than a bad person while a bad one is better than a good one.

"Wow, Senior Gil, I did not understand what you said just now but I really like what you said. I will note down every wise word you say and live my life like you do. I'm your fan already." While Lucas looked at Sky like he said something sinful, the chief just shook his head and closed his eyes for a while.