Chapter 26

Aegeus Point of View

"Adopted father in law?" I nodded dejectedly in confirmation to Leonor and Sky.

"She is going to catch the leader of drug trafficking all by herself?" I nodded again in confirmation.

"At this point, I have more confidence on your foster wife than Sun which raises everyday without a fail." Is this the time to praise her, Leonor?

My life is finished!

I am finished!

"But sir, didn't you tell her that your father is dead and you are continuing his legacy of beggary?" Wait! That's right.

Why didn't I think about that? I did say that to her.

"You are right. Then who is this adopter father in law that is helping her? Don't tell me she adopted a father in law too just like how she adopted a husband!" I wondered out.

In fact, she can do that!

She is capable of many things, getting a father in law is something very trivial in her records. She can't be talking about my real family!

That good devil has gathered huge database of information on drug trafficking in twenty days; what is so difficult in adopting a husband and his father?

"That is very much possible. Your flight is in two hours, she still did not tell you where you will be going?" I shook my head negatively.

What is this uncertainty in my life?

There was a time when everything in my life went on as per my wish. There is now when I don't even know what happens to me the next minute. My whole life is being planned by someone else and I am only there to breathe in and out and keep the body intact.

What a turn of events!

After informing both the members to keep their eyes and ears open for information from me, we agreed to stay in contact with each other for any backup needed.

I will be working side by side with foster Cerberus on drug trafficking but I don't even know who the leader is. I can only give a heads up to them when I know who the person is.

For now, all I need to do is be a good adoptee and follow my foster to wherever the hell she is taking me and support her.

But there is also another decision I took after going through a lot of hassle for the past two days from getting my head shaved to getting a foster wife; it was so very hard on me.

They were the toughest days of my life.

So I decided to play on a different tune now! And so here I present the different Aegeus Ioannou to my foster Cerberus.

As I heard the knock on the bathroom door, I looked at myself in the mirror and nodded to myself in appreciation as I settled my lips with a proud smile.

I checked my clothes and gave myself thumbs up before unlocking the door and presenting myself before her.

"With slick hair which doesn't belong to me, with my ugly beard gone, bathed clean and tidy with a neatly pressed white shirt and jeans, I present you the original Aegeus." I have no other way other than to put on a wig until next batch of my hair grows safely.

She moved her eyes rapidly as she watched me from keenly from head to the toe and when her eyes returned to mine, I was expecting awe in those eyes.

But what did I get? Disappointment!

"Why did you become so handsome all of a sudden? I like you better like Mr. Beggar." Isn't that why I changed suddenly?

Only you know how to control me?