Chapter 30

Aegeus Point of View

"-Can't believe this. I thought you decided to be smart before me but why are you taking such a foolish step? Why am I even asking you? You proved to be a question that I cannot answer anyway." I rambled on and on as fury flowed through my veins.

My hand folded into a fist, eyes sparkled with fire and posture was of a warrior ready to kill anything that comes in way.

A blinded warrior.

This girl has been blinding me with immeasurable anger and disbelief. Everything that comes out of her mouth is nothing more than a suicide plan.

I mean, who goes to the criminal directly and asks him to surrender to the authorities that too in his own den?

Is he an Amazon delivery boy or a criminal?

As this wasn't enough, my whole family -except for Iona – is blinding supporting her and went as far as to give the responsibility of my safety to my wife.

I mean, I am the officer here.

I am the fighter here.

I am the man here.

If any, I should protect her then why am I given into the hands of a puny girl to be taken care of?

Until yesterday, I only thought my family is irked my workaholic nature. With the special guest appearance by my foster wife, I am nothing more than a nuisance in my family's eyes.

This should change.

This should change before Ariche bacteria is spread completely into their systems.

"Trust me, Mr. Beggar."

Why should I?

She proved to be a smarty crazy nut loose case ever chance she got.

I ignored her nonsense and bend forward to look out of the vehicle and scan our target's area closely. It was a small villa surrounded by flowers and fresh air.

It is a normal residential area with no guards. People are strolling on the roads freely with their partners and some with their pets. Being it a community area, the residents greeted each other on their way with a hand wave or a smile.

"Whom are we looking for here?" I'm unable to understand her strategy. Why would she take me to a normal villa to catch a drugs mafia?

"We are here to make friends with a man." Huh?

"Why would you make friends with a man? You don't have to. Stay away from them." I did not even realize that I spoke those vile words.

That is not even the worse of it. The worst was the sour taste that I felt in my mouth and heart.

God can't be this cruel to me.

I mean, I'm not stupid. I know what that sour taste means and I hated that I felt it.

"Eh Mr. Beggar, he is our target's male-mistress."

"Our target is a gay?"

"No. He is a bisexual. He is a broad-minded person to accept everyone into his heart. That must be the reason why he loves his wife so much." Damn! How did she find out such sensitive information?

"Hold on, the leader already has a wife and the man we are looking for is his – " I stopped myself from calling him a male mistress.

But none the less she nodded her head confirming my statement. Her focus is out of our vehicle watching around keenly.