Chapter 12

Ariche Point of View

"None of your concern." He has a point.

Although I want to know where Mr. Beggar went the other day and why, when he said I shouldn't concern myself with the matter, I suddenly realized two important things;

One, he is right.

Two, I didn't like to hear a 'no' as an answer.

Summing up both the answers, I realized another important thing; I only like to give negative answers but absolutely hate to receive them.

Am I being a partial pessimer?

"You are right. I am planning to set a meeting between you and my Nanna." I informed him as I sat before him.

I really missed the picture of him sitting against the large tree with three dogs on his either sides. I did not see him with his dog pals for just one day and I already missed the appealing view.

Now that he is in the middle of his dag pals, the picture is complete and full. Mr. Beggar has such a great presence, mostly in this particular space.

"I think you have to reschedule it to some other time because I have a task to do and it takes few days to complete." He said with a tone that has a mix of defeat and determination.

A weird combination!

Wait, a task?

What will a homeless person have to do?

"Mr. Beggar, did you take up some job? When? Where?" If anyone should make Mr. Beggar's life better, then it should first be me.

I am the one who discovered him first!

Mr. Beggar coughed a few times awkwardly and took a good minute to answer me back. He is hiding something from me.

"Uh, if I need time to start new phase in life, I need to complete the current task, yes?" What he said makes sense.

But then again, It isn't like he is working for a firm to have a confirmed notice period before he leaves the current job.

Beggars have a notice period too?

"Okay, then I will give up on the blind date for now.'When a planned meeting is not successful, it means destiny has some other amazing plans to unite them.'" I quoted as philosophy filled my brain.

"Wow." He reacted very drily as if he lost his energy and mumbled 'I wish destiny goes to f**k someone else.'

Seems like he doesn't believe in destiny just like me.

As a proud Pessimer, I chose not to believe in destiny even though destiny has a destined destiny in our lives.

It's much more fun that way!

"Mr. Beggar," I called out and scrambled forward. When I'm close enough to him and our knees are touching each other's; I took his dirty hands mine and held them in mine carefully.

He suddenly coughed and tried to take his hands away from mine but I caught them tightly and provided my famous and beautiful smile.

His dust coated face suddenly started turning dark as if he is blushing. "There is a gathering in the park today in few minutes and my soul sister and student will attend too. I will introduce them to you."

"A gathering? Here?" He exasperated as if someone drained out the blood out of his body.

Sometimes, I cannot understand his reactions at all. And when I think closely about it, I take it as a challenge and want to understand him more.