Chapter 23

Aegeus Point of View

When the hell had I signed this?

"Yesterday along with the naming documents." How easy for her to say.

How happy she looks! How contended her eyes gleams!

How bright her smile is!

How damn joyful her whole being is looking!

She got my signature along with the naming documents and I, being a billionaire and a very educated person, did not even find them among the bunch of papers.

I did not care to read them at least!

What is my use on this planet?

"Have you lost the last of your nut? Why would you marry him? He is not what he seems like, you stupid brother. He is fooling us with his beggar exterior." I wished Lucas really succeeded in knocking sense into her.

I don't care if they find out my identity I just, I hoped could have worked harder and found out my real identity.

If I knew I would see this day, I would've made it easy on Lucas to be found out by him.

"I know, silly. He is a billionaire beggar." Your comprehension level is bow worthy.

This girl can easily pick out what she wanted to hear from the whole statement and leave the other things.

"No, he isn't."

"He is, sister. He said so himself." My dear rookie foster wife argued.

"God please show mercy! This girl has lost her chance of being sensible in your kingdom." I didn't know if Lucas was complaining to the God or cuss this girl but I did get the meaning behind.

But I don't think she got it.

"But, sir – what kind of certificate is this?" Sky whispered in my ear as he went through the certificates I received today.

Amidst the argument between both the brother and sister, I went through the naming certificate and found it alright but only that I wasn't given a surname on it.

With a heavy sigh and hardened heart, it did take me a few minutes to get myself together and gather all the bravado I could to open and see the so-called adoption certificate.

And trust me when I say that no amount of courage or calculation is enough to understand that particular nonsense.

Is this an adoption certificate or a marriage certificate or a property transfer certificate?

As I read through it, I saw that the paper contains the declaration of Sterculius, which is me, getting adopted by Ariche Gil as her husband and then there is a mention about sharing the same surname as her.

What ticked me off was, she did not change her surname and changed mine instead.

As an implied husband, no matter how adopted I am, should give her my surname. Isn't that the pattern of whole process?

If that wasn't not overbearing, the certificate notifies that the adoptee belongs to foster wholly and completely.

"Am I a husband or not?" I expressed my confusion back to my junior who is very much worried for me as I am.

What am I now?

Her adoptee?

Her husband?

Her property?

None of the above?

Or worst, all of the above?

"What does she mean 'foster wife'? Is Senior Gil your wife or not?" Sky mumbled as she turned the rectangular certificate in all directions as he tried to decipher hidden clues from the crap of a paper.