Chapter 16

Ariche Point of View

"Are you scared?"

"Absolutely not."

"Then you must have no problem with my suggestion." I shrugged, getting amused by a criminal classmate who looks very scared but begs to differ.

I can literally see the ocean of fear typhooning in his eyes. He doesn't have good pair of eyes anyway so they can only show the cyclone and typhoon emotions clearly.

I am not a judgmental person. I hate to judge someone over their looks or their status which they have no control on but whenever I see this ex-classmate of mine, several references of characters comes to my mind.

Denis Martin looks like a just-a-moment-ago- castrated person whenever he is disgruntled. I don't know if he really feels the pain of lack of substance or was it his camouflage trick for me.

"F**k the Satan with a rusted rod. You got to be kidding my life." He swore.

Ah yes, whenever he is extremely angry, his face folds itself looking like a diaper used for several times.Both messy and unhealthy.

Hugging himself, he wrapped his hand to his back and drew a black metal from his pant. Unlocking it, he pointed the gun towards me and shook it before me with a very evil smirk.

"Say goodbye to the world, you will have to leave now." He walked towards me in threatening steps with a kind of unattractive swag.

"Are you really The Denis Martin, my ex-classmate and my bench mate?" I asked not moving an inch from my place.

I mean, let's be clear, this man might be a very scary person but he doesn't scare me.

The only nightmare I get is from the way he sneers at me. It is not the sneer that scares me, but the result of his face.

If you copy paste his sneering picture beside a picture of blob fish, I cannot tell who is who.

"Did you forget I'm not scared of guns?" I'm not impressed at all. We spent four years in the university as bench mates and already forgot most of our memories.

"What if I kill you now? No one will know what happened to you and most importantly the proofs you gloat about will not be found. A double win for me, what say."

His words made me laugh out loudly and not to be boasting about it but my laughter is as sweet as that of a dying seal.

The sound of my laughter made me feel good. It is like music to my ears.

"I'm saying I will kill you and all you do is laugh? This is a real gun. I will really kill you." He said, dramatically waving his hands all over the place.

"Boss, we are here. Let me kill her for you." Just the right time.

Frugal ran inside, followed by Mr. Beggar who looked quite lost and confused. Denis' Mansion can get you confused if it is your first time here.

Since I come here frequently, I'm quite used to all the mazes.

Looking back at the Boss and assistant duo holding guns of their own at me, I sighed shaking my head bemused.

"Can I please have a mirror?" I asked reaching out my hand.

"Eh?" The three men responded in unison. Mr. Beggar reached me in two long strides and started nudging me with his elbow.

"I want to see if there is 'fool' written on my face." I grinned as I gave a pat of assurance to Mr. Beggar.

Wait, why is he here anyways?