Izumo's Hometown Is Apparently Cult HQ

Something I can't stand that book authors do is totally disregarding real mental trauma that their characters should have after some of the events in the series. Rin was a social butterfly turned social outcast since she was a little kid and so was I, and I ended up with terrible Social Anxiety(I've also done research on the scenario). Rin is still more social than I am, so she's better about people and hiding it, but it comes out in situations like what happens in this chapter. Please don't give me angry comments saying that her mental health in this is "unrealistic" and "not in character." It's reality and it sucks, so keep it to yourself, please.

On a totally different note, I just cut off all but two friends that I have(in the world)bc they chose someone toxic who won't stop harassing me over me, so since my "best friend" refused to choose, I did. I chose myself, because it's the last month of senior year and I'll never get it back and we're actually in school. I'm not gonna deal with the harassment for the last of what is basically getting to be a kid, so I'm editing this before I publish it while I'm crying and listening to Save Your Tears bc it seems fitting. I hope you guys are having a better time than I am. Don't settle for people who associate themselves with toxics just because it'll mean you won't have many people left to be there for you. Stand up for yourself and leave them behind, bc you don't need that crap stuck with you for the rest of your life. Please enjoy the chapter.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

In the morning, Rin met Yukio in the kitchen. She made them breakfast and they ate in silence. Rin had made sure to text Godaiin to tell him she'd had a wonderful night and also what happened after the slow dance. He'd been understanding and wished her luck on getting Kamiki back sending a devil face emoji. It had made Rin chuckle, at least.

The twins packed their bags and headed to the airport. Rin was slightly nervous, having never been on an airplane before. Yukio could tell, because at one point, he placed a hand on her nervously bouncing knee while they were waiting in the uncomfortable chairs for the rest of the class to join them.

"It's okay, you have a familiar that can fly and Kuro will come if either of us call to catch us in the event that we go down." He consoled. Rin looked at him incredulously. That was how he consoled people?! He shrugged, giving an awkward smile and she found herself laughing.

"What'd I do?" He asked, miffed. Rin shook her head, slinging an arm around his waist and hugging him.to her to noogie his hair. He complained, but didn't try to push her away.

"Thanks for making me laugh, Yuki. It feels nice. I'm not laughing at you, it's just sweet how you try, in your own words way." Rin explained, kissing the crown of her twin's head fondly. Yukio smiled and let her hold him against her until their friends got there.

Rin smiled at Suguro and Konekomeru, moving so she could sit between them. Shiemi took Rin's place beside Yukio and Takara sat away from them like the snippy brat he was.

The silence and tension amongst the group was suffocating and Rin never liked awkward or uncomfortable silences, so she started humming. It was a tune she'd heard her school choir singing on the days when they'd let her eat he flinch in the back of their room while.they practiced during lunch period. She'd memorized some of their songs as well as the choir kids themselves had.

Suguro and Konekomeru seemed surprised, but ultimately let the tension sleep out of their shoulders. They slumped in their seats and Rin kept humming even when they fell asleep for a short nap before their flight was called. Rin had been planning to sit with her brother and Takara, but she switched with Shiemi and sat between Suguro and Konekomeru. She discovered she hated sitting in the middle seat when they took off, but didn't say anything as she clutched onto Suguro a little too tightly.