Being Hot Does NOT Excuse Your Idiocy, You Fuck

"Hey Babe, can you meet us at Ponchan for dinner?" Rin asked, holding her phone in the middle of her, Konekomeru, and Shima. She'd been missing him since he'd started Apprenticing for Lightning. The man had stolen her goddamn boyfriend! Ryuji functioned as more of a manager to keep Lightning moving and having him actually keep track of a schedule. He didn't really have much time to spare with his friends or girlfriend anymore.

Apparently, it was bad enough that Shiro took one look at her when she'd been eating dinner at his apartment because she'd gotten lonely at the Dorm by herself and asked her if he needed to beat someone up(specifically a certain genius boyfriend of hers....).

"There's no cram school today, so let's study for exams!" Konekomeru suggested. He was usually very diligent about his studying, but lately he'd been skipping out on it some. Rin hoped whatever was causing that wouldn't hurt her friend's grades.

"And eat all we want at the same time!" Shima added. His favorite kind of studying was with snacks or a meal to eat. It made him less grumpy about studying. Rin had learned that the hard way and usually made the snacks herself when they studied at her dorm. Sometimes, they'd just eat leftovers from dinner the night before if Rin was too tired from training to make snacks. They always told her it still tasted like Perfection on a Plate.

"Sounds good. I'll meet you there as soon as I finish the master's business." Ryuji responded. Rin heard Lightning in the background and then a growl from her boyfriend.

"What now?!" Rin heard something else from the background. "Give me a break, you're like a five- year-old in a man's body! I even wrote it on your schedule and you still forgot about it!" Suguro snapped. They all winced.

"Ah, just shut it, I'll put in a call." Ryuji grumbled.

Rin sighed in disappointment. "So I'm assuming we won't be seeing you later?" She guessed.

"I don't know how long this will take." Ryuji said instead of answering.

Rin rolled her eyes. Ryuji did his best to avoid disappointing people, but Rin didn't think he understood that it was still disappointing even if he didn't admit the truth. She used to think it was noble, but now it was getting annoying. She was considering telling him that, but he didn't have time for her anymore, so she couldn't even if she wanted to.

"K, bye." Rin hung up with a huff.

Shima snorted. "Well that's an unhappy face." He noticed.

"I understand, Rin. Bon has lots of qualities that are noble and seem sweet until a situation arises where they just irritate you instead." Konekomeru admitted.

Rin nodded, glaring at her phone. Shima patted her shoulder in consolation. "Come on, Dinner's on me to make up for Bon ditching you for his man crush."

Rin shook her head. "You guys shouldn't have to make up for his faults if he's such a 'responsible and attentive guy.'"

Shima groaned. "please tell me he's never talked himself up like that."

Rin snickered. "Not exactly. He's used them to describe himself before, at least. I mean, he is both of those things, but he's also still a teenaged boy. I probably shouldn't expect as much as I have been. It's kinda my fault I'm annoyed too." She shrugged.

"It's good that you understand that setting high expectations is bad for relationships, but it's still really unfair that he's focused so much on taking care of Lightning like a housewife that he doesn't make any time for his girlfriend or his friends. His mom called me yesterday because he hasn't called in two weeks." Konekomeru told her sympathetically.