Rin is Babey

Shura stuck Rin in an empty car on the train and left to go check on other cars full of Exorcists and supplies they'd be bringing to Kyoto with them.

Rin had bought a small book on Tourist Attractions in Japan and was browsing through the Kyoto section contentedly with Rodan resting against her chest and also making comments once in a while(Kuro was with Yukio on his mission to retrieve the Left Eye-Rin had sent him after her little brother just in case and Kuro had readily agreed it was a good choice and left quickly to catch up to her twin).

She kept looking around to make sure no one was around to hear her before talking to Rodan in the demon language. He always enjoyed listening to her speak in it. She'd asked why once and he'd said that it made him glad she had a connection to her homeland and him, and that she sounded beautiful when she spoke the language.

Rodan liked to read about how long the tourist attractions had been around. It interested him to know about temporary things humans built actually staying for longer than one human's life span-something about humans' ability to build lasting structures impressed him.

They can't hold relationships with each other for entire lifetimes, but at least their art lasts. Art is something you aim to keep around, so people recognize your talent and there is physical piece of you left in the world. Rodan said thoughtfully.

He was very smart for a hatchling that had hatched not long before Rin summoned him in the beginning of the school year. He absorbed information quickly and sometimes, when he knew Rin was worried, he would hook his claws in her shirt on her back and look over her shoulder at her test answers. He'd nip her ear if she got one wrong and she could try to correct it. He wouldn't do it a second time if she got it wrong again because he knew she needed to learn things on her own. None of her regular classmates could see demons, so it never caused any racket, thankfully.

Rin was reading about the Kyoto Tower and mentally bookmarking it for whenever she got the chance to visit it when the first of her classmates entered the train car. She stopped speaking to Rodan in the demon language and kept her mouth shut as the Kyoto Trio all filled the doorway, staring at her. She ignored them and kept reading about tourist attractions in Kyoto, hoping they couldn't tell that she knew they were staring. Rodan broke the silence with an irritated screech at the boys, who just stood there staring at the half-demon. They all flinched and made their way to the row of seats behind Rin.

She sighed. The whole car was empty and they sat directly behind her? Did they want her to punch them when they inevitably insulted her for existing?

"If you're gonna sit there, none of you are allowed to shittalk me. You chose those seats and now you gotta reap what you sow, so either move and shit talk me from across the car or stay there and stay quiet." She said without looking up from her book. Rodan backed her up with a small huff of red fire directed at the boys, glaring at them with his slitted yellow-orange eyes. No one said anything.

It was silent once more, except now it was a tense silence that irritated Rin to no end. She shouldn't have hoped for them to want to be her friends again, or to even talk to her. But awkwardness and a tense atmosphere couldn't get them to talk to her, so she just sighed and acted like she was still interested in temples in Kyoto.

Shiemi came in next. Rin barely spared her a glance and didn't notice the frown on the girl's face. Rin was acting cold, like her brother did most of the time. Cold and neutral to the situation at hand. It didn't fit her. But Shiemi supposed that Rin's silence also spoke volumes. If her former friends wouldn't talk to her, they'd just sit in tense silence until they got to Kyoto. The rest of the class had to make the first move here because Rin had done nothing wrong.