Dinner With A Clown

“Please come in, Miss Okumura.” Mephisto's demon butler, a tall, slim man with a curl that matched Mephisto's welcomed her into the dining room. Of course Mephisto had a cliche obscenely long table for them to talk to each other across.

The butler smoothly pulled her chair out for her and she murmured her thanks.

"Ah, right on time, as requested. Thank you, Dear." Mephisto raised his wine glass to her in greeting and Rin nodded, tucking a stray curl behind her ear. Her hair was getting longer again, so it spilled down her back in thick, voluminous curls and waves.

Mephisto had chosen a rather glamorous outfit, though she wouldn't complain as long a she didn't look like a clown.

Her backless and strapless silk gown was long and elegant in a shade of dark emerald. Rin's heels were nude colored and her makeup was in neutral colors as well–browns and tans, with her lips tinted red-pink by lipgloss. Izumo had done her nails so they matched her shoes. The girl always grumbled about how jealous she was of Rin's nails(they were basically claws and very durable, but they looked like human fingernails).

Rin looked up to see what they'd be eating for dinner and saw Mephisto raise his gloved hand to snap. Cup Ramen appeared in front of both of them and Rin just barely caught herself before her jaw dropped in sheer incredulity of this man.

"Top Ramen. The High Class Food of the poor." She commented, shrugging and waiting until it was steady to eat. "Sorry, but can I have some meat in mine please? I'm not a huge fan of just noodles." She requested sheepishly.

Mephisto grinned wide and snapped again. Along with meat in her food, her hair was put up in some elegant do that involved a braided crown around her head and.

Meal enhanced and hair held out of her face and food, Rin dug in, careful not to eat like an animal at the formal dinner because she'd grown up with manners, she wasn't some mongrel, dammit! Rin noticed she had her own wineglass and looked across the table at Mephisto expectantly.

The Time Lord raised a brow at her stare.

"I'm underage." Rin said simply.

Mephisto snorted elegantly(something only Mephisto Pheles could pull off) and picked up his own glass to swirl the wine inside. "My dear, this isn't normal wine made by humans–actually, it's not really wine at all. All demons, young and old, drink this. It is tradition and hatchlings usually grow up on it. It keeps the instincts sharp and helps the young ones develop. You, my Dear, have missed out on it for too long. Drink, Rin." He told her.

Rin looked apprehensively at the glass, but picked it up and took a sip. She hummed at the interesting flavor–of course she'd had wine before, she'd grown up in a Church and they had communion every first Sunday of each month– it didn't taste like wine, but it was sweet and had a sort of spice to it, if that made sense. It wasn't like a spice you'd rather in curry, it was closer to spices you'd taste around Christmas time in all the sweets. She shrugged and took another drink before continuing to eat.

Rin looked around at the room covered in otaku shit and resisted the urge to grin.

"Are you sure you didn't build this Manor out of all your merch?" She teased. Mephisto threw his head back and laughed.

"I'm sure I have enough by now to make a mini version of this Manor." The Time Lord agreed. "I do so enjoy the entertainment Assiah has to offer–especially Japan! So many interesting plots to watch, read, and play. I'm never bored in my freetime."

"Yeah, Yukio was the one who always got stuff, so I just always borrowed it from him. He tells me to stop crying over his manga, but damn people know how to just rip your heart to pieces sometimes in those stories." Rin sighed dramatically.