It's Not Worth The Jail Time

Yukio surveyed the damage around the room and on the students before his eyes found Suguro standing very close to his sister. He scowled and Suguro stepped back hastily.

Rin was about to pull her brother outside the room and tell him about Nehause when something slammed into her from behind and she was roughly shoved to the floor.

"Oh my. Excuse me~!" The lilting voice that belonged to the Headmaster of True Cross Academy chuckled.

Rin looked up to see her attacker hanging from the ledge of a missing ceiling panel.

"You have two seconds to get down from there and apologize for trying to break my back, asshole." She growled, getting to her feet unsteadily. The man dropped to the floor with a bow.

"My apologies, dear. Though, you were standing in the one place I planned to enter from." He apologized with a knowing grin. Rin tried to charge him, but Suguro caught her and wrapped his arms around her, effectively pinning her arms to her side.

"Nope, fighting the Headmaster is bad, that'll hurt you." He muttered to her quietly. Rin could break free if she wanted and he knew it, but she only sighed and nodded reluctantly. Suguro let her go, but stood close to her just in case.

"Alright, thank you for all your hard work, Pages!" Mephisto moved on before she could try to attack him again.

"Holy shit, isn't that the chairman?!" Shima yelped.

"What's he doing here?" Konekomeru wondered.

"Of course there is a reason why I, the Headmaster of this wonderful school and Director of the Japan Branch of the Knights of the True Cross, would allow the invasion of upper-class demons!" Mephisto claimed, gesturing grandly.

The teenagers all looked back with nonplussed expressions. Right on cue, instructors popped out of the ceiling panels, floorboards, and a closet.

"These Doctors will treat everyone's wounds." Mephisto informed them. The Pages gaped at him in disbelief. "This punishment also served a purpose as the surprise ExWire Authorization Exam!" Rin was giving him a withering glare, but he he carried on with his speech, flaring his cape flamboyantly. She wanted to rip it off and strangle him with it.

"While you were all left alone in class, bound to argue at some point if we left you there long enough, I posted these teachers everywhere to act as judges. We tested all of you with a fine-toothed comb. Afterwards I shall read the teachers' reports and make my final decision about who passed the exam. Please look forward to tomorrow's announcement!" He finished with a wink and a grin.

Rin stood there for a minute before heaving a heavy sigh and sitting on the floor, head between her knees.

"You okay?" Suguro asked, crouching down next to her.

"I'm trying so hard not to punch his lights out. He's right there and I know for a fact I could break his jaw to keep him from spouting his fancy bullshit." She groaned.

"It's not worth the jail time, Okumura." He told her sympathetically, patting her on the shoulder.

"I'm trying to convince myself of that too. Thanks." She muttered, rubbing at the eye that got shot with the demon goo. Her hand came back with blood and black ooze and she contemplated it fit a minute. "Oh. Shit."