It Takes Two To Make Things Go Right(Or Wrong)

Sad times ahead. This one is short and not sweet. Enjoy.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The next day started much nicer than Rin expected and it stayed that way the whole day. It was suspicious, to say the least. Rin and Yukio spent most of the day on trains, sleeping or chatting idly about how things were going. Yukio refused to help with the efforts against the Illuminati unless he got a raise and the worthless bastards running the Order were so desperate that they actually gave it to him. So, his pay was drastically increased.

Shiro and Yukio went on missions together(Rin pouted throughout that whole part–she didn't get to be a father-daughter duo with Shiro or even a brother-sister duo with Yukio on missions and that was completely unfair!), and Shiro visited Kyoto every other weekend(he had magic keys only the Paladin was supposed to have that the Order never took back).

Rin told Yukio(somewhat hesitantly)about her relationship troubles and he had nothing to really say about it because he wasn't really good with that stuff(which was why Rin hesitated).

Honestly, Yukio just admitted having no romantic or sexual attraction to anyone and it made Rin wonder if he was Aromantic and Asexual. He mentioned being fond of Konekomeru, but it seemed that he didn't know what to do with said feelings or if they were even romantic. Rin suggested as such and Yukio just shrugged because again, he was clueless about this stuff.

They got to the train station, where they started asking around if anyone had seen Shura and all they got was two people mispronouncing Yukio's name as "Yucky-oh" and Rin desperately trying not to collapse laughing in the snow.

They finally got a lead from a cabbie that drove Shura to an Inn and made their way there, Rin teasing Yukio the whole way.

"I'm gonna make that your name in the yearbook." She giggled.

"You have no way of doing that, Rin." Yukio huffed.

"I'll find a way if it means you being forever known as Yucky-oh, immortalized in a yearbook that several rich kids own and will undoubtedly show tons of people they know." She snickered. "Oh yeah, This was my First Year Representative, Good Ol' Yucky-oh Okumura." She was still laughing when they finally made it to the Inn.

"I should drown you in the lake." Yukio muttered, opening the door to the Inn and surveying the lobby. It seemed abandoned. They almost left, but then a sweet old lady came out and offered them a room to share. Rin thanked the woman, ignoring her insinuation that her and her twin brother were there to have sex because what the fuck, no. As long as there were two beds or at least one big enough for both of them, she didn't care.

Yukio seemed much more put off by it, but Rin dragged him away to the outdoor baths. They relaxed there and Rin commented on how not-terrible their day was.

"Eh, that just means it'll double-suck tomorrow." Yukio grunted, eyes closed and slumped in the water up to his chin.

"I'm sorry we don't get to hang out much. We're both so busy and also so different that it gets really hard." Rin sighed. "I wanted us to fix our relationship, but all we've done is stop making it worse and get along a little better."

"Don't feel bad, Rin. It takes two." Yukio consoled. He looked about ready to fall asleep in the hot water.

"I know that, but I just wish I could handle everything at once. Relationships take work and time and I just want to have some of those to spare on our relationship. I miss you." She admitted quietly.

"Please don't cry. If you cry, I'll cry, and we're both ugly when we cry and it gives me a headache and I don't think I can deal with that right now." Yukio requested.

Rin laughed and wiped away a tear before he could see it. "Yeah, you're right." She'd forgotten how not emotionally available Yukio was and it stung a bit, but that wasn't something she could help. Rin just needed to remember that Yukio tended to say some things that were a bit cruel without him meaning them to be.

She wondered if Yukio was purposefully avoiding her. She had time for a boyfriend and school and training, but she hadn't even managed to interact with her twin more than a few short minutes at a time this whole year. Was it her fault? Did she discard him like he did her? Now she really did feel like crying. But, she blinked the tears away and left the bath to go to bed early, not feeling like talking with her brother anymore.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not having a relationship with siblings is something I understand so well that this puts me through emotional suffering. 😔 I hope yall are enjoying the fic still. Please comment!