Left Eye of the Impure King

Rin took deep breaths, standing outside the Cram School classroom door. Her former friends were in there. She wondered if they'd ignore her existence or bully her. She was used to both from people before highschool, but that didn't make it any better. In fact, it was worse, because these people had been her friends days ago and now they probably hated her guts.

Rin braced herself and opened the door. She didn't bother standing and waiting for reactions, she just went to her seat in the front of the classroom and sat down. Shiemi wasn't next to her. Shiemi was actually a seat away from her, like Rin was some kind of poison. That stung, but it was expected. Everyone hated Satan and they were bound to hate Rin for being his daughter, regardless if she was on humanity's side or not.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by someone calling her name. She looked at the door to see Yukio and Shura there.

"You’ll be taught a different curriculum now, so come with us." He left the others with Mr. Yunokawa and apologized for interrupting everyone as they left the room.

"You're training to pass the exam, but you need training with your sword and your flames. Since you're failing a few classes in Cram School, it's clear you won't need them if you're going for more physical Meisters, so we replaced them." Yukio told her as he and Shura led her down the halls of the Cram School.
"So you have different classes with Shura and I rather than your previous classes."  

"Nice, but I really wanted to talk to them properly." Rin complained. "And what was with Shiemi? Does she hate me now or something?"

Yukio sighed and offered a sympathetic look. "She's upset at me too–for keeping that secret the whole time we've known each other."

"Jeez, aren't you a couple o' sad sacks today? I don't think that girl can stay angry for long, she doesn't have it in her. As for the rest of the class, you're going to have to earn their respect back. For now, just pretend it doesn't affect you. Act like you don't need them and then see what they do when you're not there when they wish you were." Shura coached.

"Since when are you an expert on friendship?" Yukio wondered.

Shura huffed indignantly, slapping his shoulder. "I had a few friends before, y'know!"

Well yeah, I know, but I didn't expect them to be good people!" That earned him another slap.

They entered what appeared to be a training room. It was packed with equipment for all kinds of things and it was huge. "We’ve reserved this training room for you." Yukio said.  Shura walked over to a large lumpy bag sat in the corner and brought it over to the twins.

"First, we’re gonna get you to master those flames. What I’ve got here," She opened the bag to reveal....candles? "Will help you."

"Candles?" Rin furrowed her brow in confusion.

"Yup! I'll set up three and I want you to light the wicks of the two on the ends at the same time." The woman explained.

Rin sighed and sat on the floor as Shura set up the three candles. This seemed like it should be simple, but knowing Rin, she'd botch it horribly.

Rin stared at the wicks of the candles.

Just the wicks, just the wicks, it's simple. I can do this, I know I can.

Blue fire flared up from the candles and melted them all into one. Rin sighed. "This is probably gonna be a while." She grumbled, preparing herself to sit in that spot all day and possibly many more days before she got the hang of being more precise with her flames.

While Rin tried again and again and again, melting every single candle, Shura and Yukio did their own training. They went into the caged off area that had what looked like one of those tennis ball shooters. It did, in fact, shoot balls. At super fast speed, too. They set it on Infinite Mode and made a bet so the loser bought dinner for the winner.