Chapter 16: Transcending Fear

Guys you might want to grab a snack or something because this one is long. Like over 17,000 words long. I hope the wait was worth it! Anyways enjoy!

Narrator POV

C stands in the armory with Jaune and Pyrrha after she had put on some clothes. Right now she was looking for an acceptable weapon and some armor. C shifts the rows around until it shows the one covered in armors from classic knight armor to his own Praetor Suit. Eventually he finds a simple light set of armor made of nanotech. He takes it and pushes the chest piece in the middle making the armor retract. He turns to Pyrrha, places it on the center of her chest, and pushes the piece. The armor is red with black on the joints and silver accents around the black pieces. It expands and covers her completely. C pushes the temples and then the chin making the helmet retract. He then steps back and makes sure the armor isn't exposed anywhere.

C: How's that?

Pyrrha moves around a little and then nods her head.

Pyrrha: It's a lot lighter than it looks.

C: Nanotech. It's practically scientific miracle. It'll take any blunt attack and push the vibrations throughout the suit until they fizzle out. Meaning minimal damage to the wearer, but don't get stabbed, they split apart rather easily. Now let's get you a weapon.

C moves more aisles around until he gets a wall of spears. He lightly runs his hands over them until he suddenly snatches one off the wall. It's around six feet long and made of a metal with pure silver color. He hands it to Pyrrha and she holds it.

C: How's that?

She spins it in her hand and then stabs away from them.

Pyrrha: It'll do nicely.

C: Cool. It's anti-metal so it'll cause any metal it touches to practically melt. Thankfully the nanotech in the suit counters it's effect.

Jaune: Uh how?

C: Simple, anti-metal works by vibrating at a frequency that disturbs and breaks down the molecular bonds that other metals have to keep them solid, so to counter balance this the suit is made up of tiny machines and metals some are the size of molecules and some the size of atoms they all can vibrate at an opposing frequency to nullify the effect. Or if you chose to you could get the suit to amplify the effect of the anti-metal.

Jaune: Uh..

C: The suit also vibrates.

Jaune: Okay that I understood.

C pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs. He moves the aisles again and shows a huge selection of shields. He looks at them and pulls of a round shield gold in color with a silver octagram in the middle. He tosses it to Pyrrha and she catches it with one hand. She looks it over and then looks to the underside of it seeing two metal handles and a leather strap. She slips her arm through the first handle and grips the second one.

C: Careful with that please, it was a gift. Actually now that I think about it...most of the stuff here is. Hmm. We should go before something big happens. The button under the chin will let the helmet come back up. It's up to you if you want to go out exposed or not.

Pyrrha thinks about it for a moment before pushing the button and letting the helmet close.

C: Alright one moment. Boop, you have a onboard chip installed right?

A tiny hologram of Boop appears on the HUD inside the helmet. It then speaks out of the suit.

Boop: Yep. Right here Boss.

C: Cool. Pyrrha, Boop is highly advanced and a total asset on the battlefield. She'll guide you throughout the battlefield as efficiently as possible.