Epilogue

Narrator POV

C stands completely still. He just stares down at the sword still embedded into the ground. Weak embers come out of the ground beside it as the rain falls. The trees in the treeline are all missing leaves and the grass is yellow and dying. No sound pierces the air other than the raindrops hitting the ground. C continues to stare at the sword with no expression and his hands in his pockets. Everyone who stayed watches him from the kitchen window or the sliding glass door.

Ryuko: Do you think he'll pull it out today?

Summer: He needs time.

Yang: But it's been a week. I know he's grieving, but he doesn't cry, or scream, or even get angry. Hell he hasn't even eaten anything other than the couple of meals we make him sit down and eat!

Tai: We know Yang, but yelling isn't going to help us.

Yang: I just want him to be happy.

Satsuki: We all want that Yang, but we can't expect him to suddenly be alright with what happened. He lost his father figure.

E: Again, but are we sure sending someone out there won't at least help?

Ryuko: He doesn't listen to anybody. Not even me, Yang, or Arsenic. Who could we possibly send?

E: I don't know. I'm just offering suggestions.

They all look outside and see C. He just stands there letting the rain fall on him. Shiketsu sighs as she looks out the window. Senketsu puts a hand on her shoulder and gives her a sad smile. Raven opens the door and walks out. Everyone looks as she walks up to C and stands next to him. He doesn't respond to her standing next to him.

Raven: I don't think I could ever understand how hard that day was for you, but for as little as it must be worth to you, I am sorry. I'm not good with all this touchy feely stuff, but you have plenty of people here who are. This isn't a battle you have to fight alone.

C:...

Raven turns and walks back to the house. C still just stands there staring at the blade. The rain continues to pour down as he remains silent. He stands there in that spot for another five hours until Yang comes outside. She takes his hand and pulls it gently.

Yang: Come on. It's time for dinner.

C doesn't move.

Yang: Please come eat. You'll get sick if you don't.

C:...

Yang: Will you do it for me?

C looks back at her and nods his head. She leads him back to the mansion and opens the door for him. When they step through she turns to him and sees how drenched he is. He shivers and rubs his arms from the difference in temperature now that he's away from the sword. She sighs as she looks at him.

Yang: You should go change clothes. You'll catch a cold if you don't hurry.

He nods and takes his shoes and socks off. His bare feet hit the tiles and he shivers even more. Yang can't help herself and hugs him as she activates her semblance.

Yang: Sorry I wish I could be warmer, but my semblance is tied to my emotions and I'm not angry.

Despite that, she is still much warmer than the air around them and C gratefully hugs her back. He holds her as close as he can.

Yang: C'mon let's get you into something dry.

She turns around and wraps C's arms around her from behind. He holds her tight as she leads him to his room. Once there Yang opens the door and they head in. Yang goes through the drawers and the closet before pulling out a pair of black shorts, a white shirt, and grey boxers. She hands them to C and he takes off his drenched clothes before slipping the dry ones on. He then takes the wet clothes and puts them in the bathtub. He looks over and sees that Yang's shirt and hair are both wet from when he held her. He goes through a drawer and pulls out a black shirtsleeve shirt. He hands it to her and she goes into the bathroom to change. The shirt is too big for her, but she doesn't care. She steps out of the bathroom and sees C laying in bed on his side. She comes over and sits beside him. He lays his head in her lap and just lays there. Yang pets his hair as she gets a good look at him. His eyes have bags under them and he's noticably paler.