Chapter 15: Practice Is Over

C POV

I hear a scream rip through my earpiece. A primal real yell of anger and pain. I push the earpiece with one finger.

C: Yo kid you okay?

Nothing.

C: Kid?!

More silence.

C: WARREN?!

Suddenly I hear coughing.

Warren: Sir... I'm sorry...

I take off towards his home after that. On the way I get fast enough to make a slipstream and kill all the creatures I pass. I stop where Warren's house was. Emphasis on "was" because it's gone and the only thing that survived the destruction of it Susan. I rush over to her and check her pulse, but I get nothing. I close her eyes and lay her back on the ground. I then look for Warren and see a a small trail of destruction going up the cliff beside the house. I rush to the top of it as fast as I can praying that he's okay...but I guess I should have prayed to a different God because by the time I get to the top I see him laying on the ground with his legs broken in multiple places and his left arm completely snapped at the elbow. I crouch down beside him and try to think of anything I can do. My time powers can heal, but I don't have a grasp on it I might accidentally turn him into a kid or even make this whole situation worse. My only option is to take him to Twist.

C: C'mon we'll get you Twist and he'll fix you up.

I go to lift him up but he grunts in pain so I set him back down. He looks at me and shakes his head. He holds out his left hand and makes his soul appear. It's a indigo drop and it's split right down the middle only being held by a single spot. Even I know you don't come back from something like this. I feel tears threaten to fall as the hopelessness sinks in.

C: C'mon kid. Ten years of training and bettering yourself can't just end like this.

He smiles sadly at me and then puts two fingers on his soul. Indigo water pours from the cracks draining it of its color. The water forms a single ring that he then puts in my hand.

Warren: Sir. Make sure you make it, and teach other's like you taught me. Don't let the elementals become forgotten. We can do so much good.

I look down and nod my head as I hold onto the ring tightly.

C: I promise.

Warren: Thanks..C.

He then coughs a little and goes limp. Tears fall from my eyes and hit his face. His body then begins to turn a blue color and he forms into water. I use my powers to take the water from his body and gently place it into the sea under the cliff.

Zed: For what it's worth. I didn't want to have to kill him.

My teeth grit and my eyes widen. I turn around and see Zed holding his robes as they're drenched in water. I glare at him as I feel my anger rising.

Zed: You hate me. Well the feeling is mutual trust me. Come with me. If you want to avenge those I killed.

He steps into a portal and I chase him down. When I step through I see nothing but a black void. I quickly dodge to the left as a blast of black energy passes me. Zed stands about ten feet in front of me with a single arm outstretched.

Zed: I see you're still as annoying as ever.

C: I'd love to know how you survived blowing the hell up, but honestly I don't give a fuck!

Zed: Did you really think I'd die from self detonation?

C: Do you really think I respect you enough to say "no"?