Chapter 2: Invitation

Narrator POV

Yang, Weiss, Ruby, and Arsenic are all sitting in the living room playing Remnant the game as Summer bakes cookies in the kitchen and Tai is sweeping the porch. Tai hears the sound of heavy footsteps against the ground as he finishes up. He looks over and sees a familiar person.

Tai: Hey C.

C: Hey Tai how's it going?

Tai: Pretty good. Who's that?

He gestures to Noth who walks behind C with his arms crossed.

C: That's Noth. He's basically my older brother.

Tai: Any friend of yours is always welcome here. You here to see Yang and Arsenic?

C: Here to see everyone actually.

Tai: Come on in.

C and Noth are both led in by Tai where they see the sight of Ruby standing up with her hands above her head in triumph as the others either pout or just looked confused.

C: Hey Rosebud.

Ruby: Hey C. GASP! ONII-CHAN!!!

She throws herself at C and he catches her in a hug.

Ruby: Hi.

C: Hey Imoto. It's good to see you.

Arsenic jumps up and throws himself at C. C catches him in one arm and spins around with both him and Ruby.

C: Hey kiddo.

Arsenic: Hey dad. I I mean-

C: Nah it's cool. Call me what you want, I won't judge you for it.

Arsenic: Yessir.

C puts them both down and Weiss gets up. They share a quick hug.

C: Hey Weiss-cream.

Weiss: It's good to see you C.

They separate and Yang gets up. She walks over and they both crush each other in a bear hug. Yang is the first to tap with a smile on her face.

Yang: It's not fair you have those robot arms.

C: Says the one who can shatter mechs and lift Grimm three times her size.

Yang: You make it sound like three times my size is heavy.

C pinches her tummy making her blush.

C: You said it not me.

She punches his arm making a loud clang and her to shake her hand in pain. C takes it and looks it over. He kisses her knuckles making her blush. Summer comes out from the kitchen with cookies on a plate. She sees C and her eyes sparkle. She puts the cookies down as she walks up to C and wraps him in a hug.

Summer: It's so good to see you! I've learned so much about you!

Summer rests her head on his chest for a while. C just sits there holding her as the silence envelopes them.

Ruby: Uh...mom. You can let Onii-chan go.

Summer: No. I haven't seen him since the day he saved me, and no one is going to tell me how long I can hold your brother.

Noth raises an eyebrow at C who simply gives him the old "I don't know man" look. C puts his hands under her arms and lifts her up. She smiles at him as she kicks her legs out like a little girl.

Summer: Yaaaay.

She giggles as C just tosses her onto the couch where she lands with a "pomf" sound. C takes out one of the envelopes and places it on the coffee table. A hologram of him pops up as he sits down beside Yang on the couch with Summer on his right.