Chapter 1: Worthy

Narrator POV

C stands across from Ito. The rest of the group all sit on chairs set up on the porch. Ito pulls his blade off his back and points it at C. C smirks as he lifts his hands in the air making his Scissors fly to them. He catches them and then slams then together.

C: SCISSOR BLADES: EXECUTION MODE!!

C points his sword at Ito as the two continue their stare down. Suddenly C disappears and reappears in front of Ito. He slams his blade down, but Ito blocks it in the nick of time. C slices over and over again, but Ito blocks them all. His sword glows dark green and then C decks him in the face. Ito doesn't reel back, but blood comes out his mouth. C lifts his blade up and slams it down, but Ito blocks it. He struggles to push back until he kicks his leg out connecting his foot to C's stomach. C slides back and then Ito swings his blade. He applies as much force as he can making C's blade fly back and into the lake beside them.

Ito: My element is energy. The more you hit me then more I'll be able to throw it back.

C: So that's why you aren't being sent flying from my hits, but the blood does show that it hurts.

Ito: Yeah it hurts. Big shocker.

Ito swings his blade, but C dodges it. Ito continues to try to hit C, but nothing. C then decks him in the face and roundhouses him. Ito's blade glows a more vibrant color as he lifts it over his head and slices. C blocks the hit by making a barrier of spacial energy as Ito starts glowing green. The green glow melts into the blue barrier and they end up teleporting. C looks around confused only to see a canyon behind him. Ito rushes him faster than ever. C still dodges, but every time they clash they teleport somewhere else. They teleport into the air and Ito slices down, but much like every other time C blocks it. They both end up crashing face first into a barren white snow covered wasteland. They get up as C looks over and sees something adorable.

C: Oh hey look a penguin!

Ito: PAY ATTENTION DAMNIT!! HOW CAN YOU JUST SIT HERE AND NOT TAKE ME SERIOUSLY?! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE THE HERO I ASPIRED TO BE!

Ito swings at C but he once again misses.

Ito: Shiketsu said you were an amazing warrior, and an even better man! I looked up to you so much! I wanted to be just like you! I did everything I could to learn how to be the next C! I fought for what I believed in! I stood up for those who couldn't stand up for themselves! I even got this weapon and learned how to use it! I used my own element to copy your's, but it was never enough! I couldn't be someone who I wasn't, so I changed my goal! I decided to follow your ideals, but fight in my own way, and when I was finally strong enough to save everyone I would come back here and save you! That's my goal! That's how I follow your ideals! By having the strength to try and save someone regardless if I know them or not! And if I save you then I know that will save everyone! SO FIGHT BACK SO I CAN PROVE MYSELF DAMNIT!

They clash again and end up teleporting in the middle of the lake they were standing beside when they started. The only difference now is the huge chunk of ice they brought with them serving as a great platform. Ito's blade glows a very vibrant plasma green he swings down, but C dodges to the left and then makes his right arm glow red. He slams his fist into Ito with his soul powering the punch. It puts Ito to his knees and he drops his blade. Blood comes out his mouth as he looks down in shame.

Ito: I..

C: Nice job kid. You almost got me. I'll cut you a deal, get up and slice me once and I'll let you do your whole body guard thing.

Ito: I..I don't want your pity.

C: Oh my God. I was right.

Ito: Wha-