Chapter 15 : Final Exams

The crowd cheered loudly as 7 out of the 10 genin stood before them. Sasuke and Ino were wondering where Sasuke was. Kichiro and Eiji were waiting to see if Hanako would show up or not.

All the lords and wealthy people were all seated in one section of the stadium. They were each given a leaflet of each of the genin. Most of them were impressed by some of the other genin’s missions and abilities. Though they mostly wanted to see what the only Uchiha survivor could do. The rest wondered about the little information, some of them had.

“There is still something you need to know before we start the final exams.” The new proctor said before taking out a piece of folded paper from his front pocket

“The matches have changed slightly.” He said opening the piece of paper.

On the piece of paper it showed that Neji vs Naruto, Gaara vs Sasuke, The black wolf vs Kankuro vs Shino and Shikamaru vs Temari. Only one change has been added which was Shikamaru’s fight. Dosu wasn’t on the paper.

“That Dosu guy must have dropped out but what about Sasuke and that girl? They are no where to be seen.” Shikamaru thought to himself while looking around the arena.

“Argh… Question. I have a question.” Naruto said.

“What is it?” The proctor said with an irritated voice.

“What if Sasuke and that girl isn’t here yet? What would happen then?” Naruto asked.

“If any of the listed genin isn’t here when their name is called for battle then they will be disqualified.” The proctor replied.

They all stood in silence

“Ok listen up. The terrain might be different but the rules are the same as before. That there is no rules. The match will continue until one admits defeat or dies. As proctor if I feel that the match is over then I can step in and stop the fight. There will be no arguments about it. Do you understand?” The proctor said.

“Ok since you all understand. These are the names of the first 2 candidates for the first match. Naruto Uzumaki and Neji Hyuga. You 2 stay the rest please proceed to the waiting area where you will be able to see the match clearly.” The proctor said.

All the other genin except Naruto and Neji went to the waiting area. Shikamaru took a quick side glance at Naruto, slightly worried for him. Naruto didn’t noticed. He and Neji stared at each other.

“Got something to say to me?” Neji said with a smirk.

Naruto suddenly put his fist out towards the Hyuga. His fist was shaking not even still. He’s face was hidden of any emotion.

“Only what I told you the last time. I vowed to win.” Naruto said.

“hm. So much the better for me. I can’t wait to see the look of despair from your face when your foolish vow is impossible.” Neji said.

“Are we going to stand here talking all day or what?” Naruto said.

“Alright, let the first match begin!” The proctor said.

The crowd went wild hearing that the first match was about to start. Most were betting on the Hyuga to win the fight due to their ‘knowledge’ of Naruto’s behaviour from past years.

They stood there in silence watching each other’s movement. Neji took the first move and moved his left leg forward. Naruto didn’t move until Neji moved his leg again.

“ARRGHHH!!!!” Naruto shouted.

Naruto threw 2 kunais at at Neji. Neji caught it one of them in the ring of his kunai and the other deflected to a tree. Naruto then suddenly swings his arm at Neji trying to hit his face but Neji blocked the attack. He let Naruto fall ready to attack him but Naruto moved away.