Chapter 28: Where are you?

"Don't move Sasuke-kun, I'll be back, very soon!"

The door closes shut as Sakura leaves the room with a smile on her face. She had spent almost the whole day talking to Sasuke about what was happening and the latest trends as well as taking care of his every need.

Sasuke stared at the door before looking out of the window. The sky wasn't very clear and the clouds were quite gray, it was about to rain.

"Where are you?"He asked himself as he imagine that silky white hair.

He could imagine her sitting next him, holding onto his hand just like the last time. She sleeping on his bed as he stroked her soft hair. The cute face that she would make when he pats her on her head and how she would hit him if it had gotten too irritating.

Now it just felt like memories, she wasn't here at the moment with him. Maybe it was because Sakura was here the whole day. Although now, he had a massive problem and he wanted to honest truth. Kichiro and Eiji Fukui.

"Who are you?" Sasuke asked himself.

Now he knew that the 2 of them were pupils of Itachi, his brother, the one that killed his clan. Yet, the fifth Hokage had taken them under his wing and gave them a place to stay. It didn't seem to add up to anything. Sasuke's skin began to boil as he thought of them always being with Hanako.

He didn't like the thought of them being that close to Hanako, knowing that they were taught by his murderous brother. He didn't want her to be in danger but why were they so close to her? Was his brother finding way to torment him? What was Itachi planning with those 2 being here?

Sasuke rips the covers of the bed off him not wanting to sit there anymore. He was going to find out what was going on and protect Hanako. He jumped off the bed. He almost falls down due to him immobile for a couple of days. He grips tightly onto the bedside table.

He steadies himself before walked towards the door. He opens the door and pokes his head out, looking left and right. He saw no nurses or doctors. He silently closes the door behind him before sneaking out of the hospital not caring if anyone got worried about his disappearance.

At the moment, all he wanted to do was to see Hanako. He wanted to talk to her and find out the truth of the Fukui brothers. He wanted to know how they knew his brother and their weaknesses. Most importantly, he wanted to know how to beat them. If he could do that, that would mean that in turn he was beating his brother in some way.

He sneaks through the crowds heading towards their secret spot in the entire village. The lake. It was a place he would train when he was younger, sometimes with his father. What Sasuke didn't know that all the times he spent on the lake, Hanako and Itachi were sitting in the forest by the lake, watching him.

"Hanako, you see the dark haired boy over there, sitting by himself on the dock. That boy is my young brother, Sasuke Uchiha." Itachi said watching his brother kicking the water with his bare feet.

'Itachi, Why are we here?' Hanako wrote while watching the cute younger brother.

"One day, you will probably meet him in person and get to know him. He is probably the only Uchiha alive beside us now. The things that will change him, will in return change me, Hanako." Itachi whispered.

'Why are you telling me this, Itachi?' Hanako writes down while staring at Itachi who was leaning against the tree.

"Because he means a lot to me. More than what people would expect our relationship to be. Especially an Uchiha sibling relationship after what happened in generations before this one." Itachi said staring at Hanako.

'Is that why you didn't kill him? Because he was your younger brother?' Hanako wrote down while examining the young Uchiha.

"It's not that I didn't want to kill him. I couldn't." Itachi turned away from Hanako.

Sasuke starts panting as he runs towards the lake but ended up stopping at the end of the dock. He heavily breathes in and out while looking around for her. Sometimes she liked to hide from Sasuke for fun but most of the time she was always here. Where is she?

Sasuke sat down at the edge of the dock. Feeling the peeling wood of the dock as he lays down to look up at the dark clouds. He thinks about his dream of Hanako. She and him running around in the fields before he plunged back into the world that Itachi put him in.

Somehow he had always felt her presence near him when the memories got to the worst part. He was less afraid now, but it still terrified him as it reminded him of the monster his brother was. Now that same monster had 2 pupils looking after Hanako.

Sasuke felt uneasy about the situation. He wanted her to be safe but at the same time he couldn't understand his feelings towards her. He didn't know why he felt connected to her and why they could understand each other so well.

Sasuke stares down at the water, seeing his reflection on the surface of the water. Memories of his sacred face, when he was a kid, appeared on the water. He kicked the surface of the water to send away the memories.

A picture of Itachi appears on the water looking at Sasuke with anger and disappointment. Sasuke suddenly felt anger and kicked the water harder. He knew what Itachi said was true, he still wasn't strong enough.

An idea pops in his head, if he can get Eiji or Kichiro to tell him about Itachi's weak spots then that would give him an advantage over his older brother. Though he needed to convince them to tell him somehow. Maybe he could ask Hanako about it.

"Eiji, you certainly have definitely improved. Was it because of that stupid girl?" Sasuke's fist tightens from the memories of Itachi calling Hanako a stupid girl but if Hanako had helped Eiji to improved then Hanako would be able to help him improve as well.

Suddenly Sasuke heard the sounds of footsteps behind him. He turns around to see Hanako, but he couldn't see her face. She stopped right next to him before taking a seat on the edge. He looks at Hanako to see that she had a bruise on her cheek. Someone had punched her.

"Who punch yo-"

Before Sasuke could finish his sentence, Hanako fell onto his lap. Sasuke noticed that she had fallen asleep on his lap. He stares down at her seeing that she was exhausted. Maybe she had gone on a mission while he was in the hospital.

He gently strokes her hair as she rested on him. He can't help but feel happy that he was seeing her again. He lifts her up so that she was in between his legs and laying on him so it would become comfortable for her. He kisses the top of her head as he wraps his arms around her, holding her against his chest. She was safe in his arms.

Sasuke...