Chapter 18 : Chidori Blood

Chapter 18: Chidori Blood

“Begin!” 

Everyone was silently watching the match. No one dare to say a word as they watch intensely. Sakura and Ino were on their feets with their hands on their hearts. 

Kichiro and Eiji watch the match because they wanted to see how good this Uchiha was, but they were tempted to find Hanako because it was their duty to protect her. She wasn’t in the waiting area with all the genin were. 

Sand suddenly spread out from Gaara’s gourd causing Sasuke to jump back and watched with curiosity. He recognised that this was the sand that Kakashi Sensei was talking about earlier.

Suddenly Gaara started shaking causing Sasuke to wondered what was going on.

“Please… I beg you …. Don’t get so mad at me….. Mother….” Gaara whispered to himself.

Sasuke looked at him with a crazy look, he thought Gaara was mad. Temari and Kankuro watched in fear, as Gaara seemed very dangerously close to changing. 

“I know…. I made you taste such awful blood, earlier ….. I’m sorry ….. Don’t worry mother … I promise you … this time…. It will taste very delicious” Gaara said to himself. 

Then after a while of him talking to himself and him shaking, he stopped. He had calmed down and was ready to fight. 

Sasuke looked at Gaara sensing that he was ready to fight. He didn’t want to attack because he didn’t want to attack a person who wasn’t concentrating on the battle against him and also he was scared of what Gaara might do to him. Sasuke couldn’t shake away that sense of fear. 

Sasuke threw 2 shurikens at Gaara, at high speed. It was about to reach Gaara, but Gaara’s sand grew up making a wall protecting Gaara. The 2 shurikens deflected off the sand wall that turned into a clone of Gaara. 

The clone shootout sand at Sasuke but Sasuke managed to move away in time. As Sasuke floated in the air looking down at Gaara. His clone threw 2 sand shurikens that Sasuke deflected with his shuriken. 

Sasuke kicked at Gaara’s clone destroying some of the sand. He then twisted his body up so that he could hit the clone’s throat. The sand moved as the impact of his hit, but the clone smirked when the sand started to cave in around Sasuke’s arm. 

Sasuke quickly realised what was happening and used his other hand to hit the head of the clone causing it to disappear. He had a clear view of Gaara. 

He ran towards Gaara ready to punch him but again Gaara’s sand blocked the attack. Sasuke saw this coming and disappeared causing Gaara’s eyes to widen as he realised that Sasuke was as fast as Lee. 

Sasuke appeared behind Gaara and punched him on his cheek causing Gaara’s sand armour to crack. Gaara went flying in the air before landing roughly on the ground. 

Sasuke felt happy that he was able to hit him because according to Kakashi sensei it was hard to break his sand armour. Sasuke was determined to win this, to tell Hanako that he won and survive. To lessen her worries. 

“Come one!” Sasuke said looking at Gaara who was back on his feet, ready to win this. 

Gaara did nothing and just stand there looking at him. 

“If you won’t do it then I will!” Sasuke said before bursting into a run towards Gaara. 

The sand tried to block Sasuke’s attacks, but it was too slow for his speed. Sasuke avoided all the sand and got passed it. He was then able to kick Gaara causing him to go flying again.