Chapter 21 : Forgive and Funeral

Chapter 21: Forgive and Funeral

News of the Hokage's death spread fast and wide. They were holding his funeral today. Today was a gloomy day, unlike most sunny days here. Today was the day of mourning. The village was full of silent and gloominess. 

Everyone had the guilt of not protecting their Hokage, not doing anything. It was eating away in their hearts that someone so kind and precious had died today. Someone that saw the truth in things and gave it a second chance to start over. He’s works and words will ever be in their hearts until the day they die. 

Fragments of memories of the Hokage flicker in people’s minds. His smiles, his laughter, his jokes and many more. Happy memories together. It caused some people to start crying altogether.

Everyone started arriving at the exact same time to where his funeral was. A picture of the old man was in the middle with flowers in the front of him. They stood in silence in black, just waiting, waiting for something to happen. 

Water started to pour down on their heads, but they mind as their minds were somewhere else. Just thinking. 

“It’s raining,” Kurenai said looking up. 

“Even the heavens weep,” Asuma replied. 

“We are gather here, in honour. Not only to remember the third Hokage but all those who sacrifice themselves in this battle. So that our village will survive.” Elders said. 

"Why did it have to happen? Why did someone so good have to die? Why?" Naruto thought to himself. 

Naruto saw Konohamaru crying to his left, weeping for his grandfather. Iruka Sensei kneeled down to hug him. Naruto then saw people coming out of the forest and walking towards him. It was Eiji, Kichiro and the girl.

They were all dressing in black. The girl was holding a white lily, it was different from the flower that they had decided to use. 

Naruto started to become angry towards them for their lateness and not bring the right flower. He then realised something else. They could have saved the Hokage.  They could have saved all the hurt that everyone was feeling.

Without warning, Naruto moving from his position and charged at them. Kakashi looked at the running Naruto realising what he was going to do. Naruto getting his fist ready, aiming to hit the girl.

"Naruto, no!" Sakura shouted at Naruto causing everyone to looked at Naruto. 

Sasuke stood there in shocked watching Naruto charge at Hanako. He wanted to move to protect Hanako but Kichiro moved faster than him. Kichiro saw Naruto was charged towards Hanako and unleashed his sword, blocked Naruto's punch with his sword causing Naruto to cry out in pain. 

"I won't let you hurt her. Come any closer and I will kill you Squirt." Kichiro hissed out. 

"Why didn't you save him? Why didn't you save the Hokage? Isn't it, your job to save him from danger." Naruto cried out. 

“Sorry squirt but that ain’t the truth,” Kichiro said staring at the teary-eyed Naruto. 

“The truth is that, it was never our job to protect the Hokage,” Eiji said with his arms crossed. 

“What do you mean! I thought he trained you guys and raised you up. I thought it was your job to protect him. You are the strongest people in the village. You guys could have saved him. Why didn’t you save him?” Naruto shouted at them.

“You don’t know the truth,” Eiji mumbled. 

Kichiro looked away from the teary-eyed Naruto and moved out of the view of Hanako. Hanako stood there watching Naruto. Eiji clenched his fist as he wanted to lash out at the boy.