Chapter 36 : The decision

"The curse mark kind of hurts doesn't it?"

Sasuke charged towards Sakon and Ukon, one of the sound four ninjas, but they deflected his attack causing Sasuke to hit the wall behind him. He slid down the wall feeling pain course through his body.

"Come on now. You didn't think you were Lord Orochimaru's only pet now did you?" Sakon said showing Sasuke's curse mark.

Sasuke stared in shocked at the black patches across his skin which were the curse mark. Sakon smirked at him and his frighten state, it made Sasuke looked like a lost and frightened puppy.

"You shouldn't use it so recklessly kid. Although, it doesn't seem like you have much of a handle on it do you? However, if you use it for too long the curse will start to eat away your body. You are in your early stages of it shouldn't sink it's teeth into you so quickly." Sakon said as Sasuke's curse mark begin to fade away.

"But once it spreads through your body your former self will be gone, never again to return," Sakon said with an evil grin.

"So because of that, you are tied to Lord Orochimaru for life. To gain one thing, another thing must be left behind. What is your purpose in this life?" Tayuya said.

Sasuke laid there staring at them, the only thing going through his head was the reason for him being alive all this time. The reason why he need this power that Lord Orochimaru has given him and why he needed more of it.

"Don't forget your purpose, Uchiha," Sakon said before they all disappeared.

"My purpose in life, huh?" Sasuke said staring at the picture of Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi Sensei and him.

He grabs the photo frame one last time, his hand tightens around the frame as he thought about what he must do. Then he places it face down so no one not even him can see it again, it will be the last time he will ever see it.

"What is my purpose in life?" Sasuke mumbled to himself as he packed away all his things into his bag.

The thought of Itachi Uchiha killing his clan filled Sasuke head when he thought about his purpose in life, the reason why he was living for his clan. It was to have revenge and kill Itachi for his crimes.

"I must kill, Itachi. I must get revenge for my clan and those that were innocent but was killed by his tainted hands. Only I, am allowed to kill him. Only me." Sasuke said leaving his house.

However, Itachi Uchiha wasn't the only thing that popped up when it came to his purpose in life. For some reason, Hanako smile appeared on his mind making him stop walking. He remembered the way Hanako would comb his hand softly with her delicate hands when ever he wakes up from his naps.

The way she tended to his wounds after every mission and the warmth of her body heating his cold heart. Also the collection of origami animals in his bag. This was another path, he could have. He could always choose Hanako.

Sasuke's hand tightened around his bag, he didn't want to go now. He could have a life in his boring village with Hanako, someone that could make his days better or he could take revenge for the absent parents he mourn at night for.

He grits his teeth as he walked faster off to the only path to the exit of the village. His heart pounded against him as he thought about Hanako and that day where she wouldn't let him touch her, that pain. Was it worth reliving it every day?

Sasuke walked before he looked up to see Sakura waiting there for him. Somehow Sakura always knew where to find him even when he didn't want to be found. Sakura stared at him then the bag he had and she knew what was going on.

"It's the middle of the night. Why are you hanging here for?" Sasuke said to Sakura, acting as if he wasn't going to leave the village.

"This is the only road out of the village," Sakura mumbled looking down.

Sasuke simply walked around her not wanting to talk anymore. To leave your lover behind is hard enough but to see one of your old friends being hurt because of your actions is as difficult to handle.

"Why Sasuke? Why won't you ever tell me anything? Why is it always silence with you? Why-" Sakura was interrupted before she could start shouting and wake up anyone.

"Why should I tell you anything? Just keep your nose out of my business. It's none of your concern." Sasuke said harshly wanting her to shut up.

"I know you hate me! Even in the beginning, you couldn't stand me. Remember when we made genin and we were assigned to our squad. We were alone, right here on this very spot. You got so made at me that day. It was so much fun." Sakura said feeling her heart break.

"I know about your clan Sasuke. Seeking revenge will not bring you happiness. It brings happiness to nobody at all. Not you and not me." Sakura whispered looking away from the silent Sasuke.

"I knew it. I'm not the same as you. I'm travelling a path that the rest of you can't follow. I know that the four of us have been working together and for a second. I thought that maybe, just maybe I could take this road with you guys instead. But in the end, I have decided on revenge. It's been the only reason for my living. I'll never be like you are Naruto." Sasuke said.

"Don't do this Sasuke! You told me alone how painful solitude can be. I understand that pain now. I have a family and friends but if you were gone it would be the same thing for me as being alone." Sakura shouted holding her hand against her chest.

"I'm so in love with you that I can't stand it. If you can only be with me I promise to never let you regret it. Every day will be a joy and I will give you happiness. I'll do anything so please, don't go. I'm begging you don't walk away."

"You haven't changed. You are still annoying." Sasuke lied before walking away.

"Don't leave me!" Sakura shouted before running after Sasuke but Sasuke appeared behind and to whisper something before hitting her.

Sakura falls limp in his arms as he placed her body on a bench before continuing the path.