Chapter 38 : Reveal the Truth

A girl with white long hair and blue eyes sat inside an old, dusty library.

She sat there alone among stacks of books that she had already read which were about her clan. The history, the heroes, the fake stories, the Mangekyo Sharingan and the sage of the six paths. Anything she could find really.

She had heard the sound of movement and looked up from her book to meet the eyes of Itachi Uchiha.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

She tilted her head to the side with a confused look before looking back down to the book she was currently reading.

"Shouldn't you be playing with your friends outside instead of reading in this old library?" He said wondering what a girl around Sasuke's age was doing here.

She just shakes her head as she closes the book and picks another one from the stack of unread books. She adds the book that she had just read to the pile of read books.

He took a seat next to her and pick up the book that she just read. 'History of the Uchiha Clan.' it said.

He looked shocked. He thought he was the only person ever to be interested in the history of their clan. He looks at the girl who was staring at him.

"Are you an Uchiha?" He asked.

She nods as a reply not taking her view away from the book. He tries to look over her shoulder to see what she was reading, but he couldn't really see what was written on it.

"Can you talk?" He asked putting the book back down.

She nods again.

"Then why don't you talk?" He asked.

She doesn't say anything but started writing on the dusty floor of the library.

"Only to those who have shown loyalty and are trustworthy," it said.

He looks at her as she smiles at him. Such a lovely smile. They sat there reading books until it was night time. Itachi look at the time on the wall before facing the girl.

"Come one, let's get you home. Your parents must be worried sick." He said getting up. She stares at him and shakes her head then started writing on the dust again.

"I don't have any home here to go to or want to go to. This library is my home," it said.

He was a bit taken back by it. He didn't saw any kind of sadness on the girl's face. He felt proud and sad for the girl. She was the same age as Sasuke. He couldn't imagine what Sasuke will feel.

Suddenly he had noticed movement near the doors of the library. He look out his sword and deflected the kunai that was aimed at the girl.

"Who's there?" He shouted.

There was a dark chuckle before the enemy revealed himself.

"My my what do we have here? Itachi Uchiha protecting a child that everyone hates." The rain ninja chuckled again.

"And what's it to you?" Itachi said examining the ninja.

The ninja had a scar across his face and his clothes covered as much as it could. On his waist, he wore a belt with different types of weapons.

"Just hand over the child." The ninja said hoping that Itachi would give the child but Itachi did the opposite.

"No," He said.

"No? Why protect her? She's only going to kill all of you soon enough. Might as well end it now for the child." The ninja said.

'She was going to kill people? This innocent child in the library?' Itachi thought to himself. How could anyone kill a child?

"Why?" He asked the ninja.

"She's too powerful even your father wants her. The Hokage doesn't even know that she exist or how powerful she really is." The ninja said.

"Enough chit chat now. Just give me the child, now." The ninja said.

Itachi smirked on the inside.

"If you thought that I was just going to give you the child just like that then you are wrong," He said.

Before the ninja could say anything he suddenly stood still. Itachi turned to look at the child and saw that the child had put him into a genjutsu. His eyes widened when he saw her sharingan.

'It can't be' he thought to himself.

She had the Mangekyo Sharingan. At such a young age. How can it be possible? But. But it was so different from the normal one. The dots in her Sharingan were meant to be black, but here it was white and the rest were black. 

The girl stood up and walked towards the ninja. She looked at the ninja then to Itachi. She drops the genjutsu causing the ninja to drop to the floor.

"Bitch! You'll pay for that. You monster!" The ninja shouted.

Tears slid down her cheeks as she held an emotionless expression when the ninja said the word "Monster".

Itachi noticed it. He took out his sword and held it at the ninja's neck causing the ninja to gulp.

"What did you say?" He asked in a low tone causing the ninja smiled while blood runs down the side of his mouth.

Suddenly the head of the ninja was cut off, rolling away deeper into the library with his blood trailing him. Itachi stood in shock at the sight in front of him, he look at the figure that stood behind the fallen ninja.

"Shisui, what are you doing here?" Itachi asked him, his best friend.

Shisui looks up at him with his red sharingan preparing to make his best friend forget about what had just happened, but the girl with the white hair stood in front of Itachi. Shisui turns off his sharingan and stares at the girl with confusion.

"Shisui do you know who she is?" Itachi said.

"Yes, I do," Shisui said before picking up all the books that she had yet to read.

"Who is she?" Itachi asked patiently.

"Her name is Hanako and she is my younger sister."