Chapter 3 : Genjutsu and Silence

Chapter 3: Genjutsu and Silence

Squad 7 entered the hallway to see crowds of genin from different lands. Squad 7 was all thinking about different things. Naruto was excited to see that there were many people like him. Sakura was thinking about how she could possibly do better for the team and for Sasuke-kun. Sasuke was observing the shinobi around him looking for worthy competitors to see if he had trained enough but so far there was none that peaked his interest.

The shinobi that they saw so far in the building were mostly shinobi from other villages and a few from the leaf village.

When they were level 3 of the building, they approach the door which they needed to go through but notice that there were many genin standing in a crowd and there was a commotion going on.

“You are taking the chunin exams but yet you can’t seem to get passed us, pathetic.” The jounin disguised as a genin said pushing a boy with black bushy hair and eyebrows who was wearing a green outfit. His name was Rock Lee.

“Please let us through,” the girl pleaded whose name was Tenten and is the teammate of Rock Lee. She had brown hair in 2 buns and was wearing a pink Chinese like outfit.

The 2 jounin laughed at the weak attempts of the girl. They were sure that this was Guy’s team just by looking at Rock Lee. They were said to be quite strong and also a smart squad. Were those rumors just a lie?

“Yeah. Like, we will ever let you go through these doors. You have to be an idiot to think that we would let you through like that.” The 2 jounin said at the same time.

The 2 jounin started to have fun lecturing Guy’s team about life as a chunin and how weak little girls like Tenten was like. Tenten wanted to punch them in the face, but she knew that if she did, that would have made Neji very pissed because they didn’t keep to the plan of keeping a low profile.

Squad 7 steps forward from the crowd gaining the jounin and Rock Lee’s team attention. Sasuke started clapping.

“Really nice speech. Now both of you step aside and release this pathetic genjutsu.” Sasuke said.

“Well, well, well look who we have here. An Uchiha. A sharp one, in fact. Looks like we got a little competition.” He said.

Sasuke wanted to show them how strong his team way by asked Sakura to explain the genjutsu hoping that she had taken noticed and didn’t make their team look like idiots. Sakura didn’t understand what Sasuke meant but then realized that it was all a genjutsu. She explained how the genjutsu was pathetic. She couldn’t but feel happy that Sasuke relied on her for once.

“This is obviously a genjutsu and I could see this mile away. This is the wrong floor it is actually in fact the second floor. Sorry to spoil your fun but this genjutsu is pretty pathetic.” Sakura said.

“Huh? Trying to be a smart genins around here huh? Well, let’s see how you’ll deal with this.” One of the Jounin said charging towards Sasuke wanting to see how strong the Uchiha was.

Sasuke was quick to react and prepared to kick the guy with as much brutal force as he planned to use but before they could even hit each other. Their attacks were stopped by Rock Lee who knew that later on, Neji would scold him later for ruining his own idea and blowing his cover as a weak shinobi.

Sasuke watched as the bushy guy tightly holds onto his ankle and the other guy’s ankle. He wondered how this weakling stopped his kick. Just a second ago, he was getting beaten up by those genin and the next he is stopping his kick.

Sasuke watched as he dropped their feet when he heard someone calling out to him. The weakling turned around to talk to 2 other people who Sasuke guessed were his teammates. Neji felt a bit irritated because they were supposed to lay low, but Lee decided to ruin the idea that he suggested himself. It was an excellent plan before it had been ruined.