Chapter 6 : Mystery Lake

After the first exam had finished all the genin were laughing and smiling. They all said that it was easy even though it wasn’t but all of them felt good about themselves. The doors of the building opened and some of them were running out.

Squad 7 were one of the first ones out.

“Man that was hard. Hey Sakura. Do you want to grab something to eat with me?” Naruto asked with a slight blush on his cheeks.

“No. Sasuke? How about we hang out?” Sakura said rubbing her hands while blushing.

“Sasuke?”

Naruto and Sakura both look at the direction he was staring at. It was the direction of the mystery girl and she was all by herself surrounded by groups of boys trying to ask her out. Her face hasn’t changed since they first saw her. She was walking their direction.

Sasuke watch her closely as she walks past him with the group of boys before she gave them the slip. The group of boys all wondered where she went. Sasuke smirked at their stupidity because he knew where she was.

“No.” He said before walking away from the 2 brats and walking after the mystery girl.

Hanako was happy that she gave them the slip. She hated the attention and clinginess of people. This was one of the reasons that she didn’t want to be in the exam or in this village. She wanted to be with Itachi and live in peace but he decided to go with the Akatsuki. Akatsuki wasn’t what he thought it was and she wanted no part in it.

Hanako was now walking on the rooftops of the buildings heading towards a peaceful lake in the village. She had realised that someone was following her but she knew whoever it was. It wasn’t a dangerous threat to her.

This lake was located within the what used to be Uchiha part of the village. No one really goes here, in fear that they too might be killed brutally but Hanako liked it here. No one to disturb her and there wasn’t anyone there to harm her especially someone from her past.

It sent shivers to Hanako when she thought about her past. It was not one that she was ready to share with anyone including you. Maybe later in this life she will open up and tell you about her past but before then please bear with her.

Sasuke recognized this part of town. He would have never thought that she would go here, out of all places. No one liked to go here.

It was just him.

Hanako walked towards the deck of the lake and sat down with her legs dangling at the edge. She remembered how Itachi used to take her here and throw pebbles into the lake. He had tried to get her to do it but she never did.

Hanako picks up pebble from the deck and throws the pebble into the lake. She watched how it bounced before sinking. Maybe she should have tried this with Itachi when Itachi was still here and she wasn’t preoccupied to learn everything about her clan and jutsus.

“I didn’t expect anyone to be here.” Sasuke said behind Hanako.

She turned around to see Itachi’s brother. She knew now that he was the one following her. She looks back at the clear blue lake.

“What are you doing here? Not that I don’t mind or anything because no one really comes here but that’s one of the best thing about this place.” Sasuke said taking a sit next to her.

She ripped 2 pieces of paper from her notebook and started to fold it into origami cranes. Cranes were symbols of happiness, fortune and eternal youth. They were beautiful creatures and Itachi brought her to see one once but it flew away.