Chapter 34: Darkness lurks in his heart

"You're going to be ok. You know your injury could have been much more serious. Naruto was relieved too. Well, you must be hungry so I'll go pick something up from you."

As Sakura left the room, Sasuke stared aimlessly into the void as if nothing could touch his mind of thought. All the negative energy radiated off him filling the void. It seemed like nothing could bring him out of his current state of mind. He didn't even hear the door to his room open nor the soft touch of one he cares so dearly.

Sasuke felt like he was the only one in this world that could feel the emotions he was feeling right now. That there was no one else that could comfort him nor help him. He needed to become more powerful, he needed the power to become stronger. He needed power.

Suddenly Sasuke felt immense pain on the side of his cheek, he turned to see Hanako who looked a bit upset with her notebook in her hand. He touched his cheek before looking at his hand then at Hanako. He saw a tear roll down the side of her cheek.

Sasuke was speechless, he didn't notice Hanako come inside nor her silent calls for him to respond to her. He felt horrible to see her cry but what was worse was that he was the cause of it. He knew Hanako never liked to be ignored especially by him.

He tried to reach her, but she moved away from him and it pained him more than his own injuries. He tried again, but she wouldn't let him touch her as if she was revolted by him.

He looks up at her to see her blue orbs staring back at him. For a normal person, it was hard to see any emotion being ignited inside there but for Sasuke, he could see the hurt and pain.

"Let me touch you," Sasuke whispered as if he was going to break her.

He saw her slowly move towards him but stops right in front of him as if she was wary of him.

"Please," Sasuke whispered softer as if his voice was going to break.

Hanako reluctantly moves closer towards him. He slowly wraps his arms around her, placing his head against her shoulder. He pulled her closer to him as if he didn't saw her for a very long time as if she was a missing relative.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. Please forgive me." Sasuke whispered into Hanako's ear.

"I'm so depressed that I didn't even respond to you. Please forgive me, don't cry because of me." Sasuke mumbled.

Hanako felt her clothing getting wet, she slowly reaches to pet his head, but she stops wondering if she should. She gently strokes his black onyx hair back while he silently cries on her shoulder.

"Please, don't hate me. Don't hate me. If you do, I don't think I can handle any more of this." Sasuke whispered.

Hanako rested her head against his as he hold her in place. It was their silent gestures that affected them the most. Most people say relationships are based on trust and their silent gestures show their trust in one another.

Hanako took a seat on the side of the hospital bed with Sasuke still clinging on to her. She hugged him back as if he was a baby. They both wouldn't let go of each other as if this was their last moment together. Sasuke felt her small nose against the side of his neck which made him feel giddy inside.

However after a while, the hand above Sasuke's head stopped moving and he felt her trying to escape but he hold her tighter. He didn't want her to go just yet, he knew she had to, but he wanted more time with her.

He felt her tap his cheek, but he wouldn't let go of her. He secretly smiled to himself at her sweet attempts and how he met someone like this. He felt her tap his head roughly but not to cause any pain. She taps as if to say if anybody was home.

She sat there patiently waiting for Sasuke to let her go, but Sasuke holds her tighter. Slowly Hanako felt Sasuke's arms go sloppy and lay on her. He must have fallen asleep. She slowly pulled him off her and gently place him back into his bed. She tucked him in before giving his a soft kiss to his head.

Little did Sasuke know that when he woke up, he would find her missing. Sasuke soon felt that strong negative energy reappeared but this time, it was stronger. Just as he starting feeling those feeling again, Sakura came back into the room with Naruto beside her.

"Oh, where did I put that knife, I could have sworn that I had placed it here a minute ago," Sakura said as Naruto spotted the time.

"It's right in front of you, you big dummy." Naruto said but before he could say anything else, he was on the floor suffering from the pain that was growing on the top of his head.

Sasuke started to feel more irritated with their presence. He wanted them to go away especially Naruto. He wanted all of them to go away and leave him alone.

"You're still too weak."

"You don't have enough hate and you know what, you never will."

"Here Sasuke, try one," Sakura said holding out a piece of apple.

Suddenly Sasuke hits Sakura's hand away from him causing her to drop the plate on Naruto who was on the floor rolling in pain. Naruto jumps up.

"Hey, whatcha did that for!" Naruto yelled causing Sasuke to glare at him.

"Hey! You don't have to glare at me like that." Naruto said causing Sasuke to feel more irritated.

"Naruto. I want you to fight me. Fight me now." Sasuke said.

"What? but you just got healed by Lady Tsunade." Naruto exclaimed before Sasuke sent him another glare.

"Actually, I've been waiting for this opportunity to use this new jutsu I've been learning," Naruto said.

As Sasuke left the room thinking about how he was going to defeat Naruto but he didn't realise the paper crane still sitting on the corner of his hospital table.