Chapter 29 : On a Mission Together

"Ok! Let's do it whatever the mission is. I'm excited and ready to go."

Sasuke looks at Naruto who was smiling like an idiot and jumping up and down like an annoying child. Sasuke smirked to himself knowing that this time he was going to make sure the mission was a success not Naruto.

"Hn" Sasuke snickered causing Naruto glared back at Sasuke who just ignored him.

"But where's Kakashi Sensei?" Sakura asked looking around, clueless to the one way glaring match going on between Sasuke and Naruto.

Naruto quickly change his attitude and expression at the mention of Kakashi Sensei. Sasuke continue to glance at him from the corner of his eyes, observing him and his movements. Naruto lets out a sigh before replying to Sakura.

"Man some teacher, he is always the last one here." Naruto said with a lazy tone.

"Kakashi won't be here at all." Lady Tsunade said coming out of nowhere with Shizuna following behind her.

"Huh?!" They all let out.

"Grandma Tsunade what's up?" Naruto said with a cheeky smile on his face.

"Stop calling me that will you?" Lady Tsunade said with an irritated face before sitting down in her seat.

"Ah? Lady Hokage what's all about this, Kakashi Sensei not coming?" Sakura asked her.

"You know our forces are stretched thin and all out other jonin and busy on missions including Kakashi. You 3 will just have to handle this one all on your own. It is a B ranked escort mission, someone important." Lady Tsunade explained to them.

"Important? Really?" Sakura asked innocently.

"Of course, it could developed into an A rank mission if you run into trouble." Lady Tsunade evaluated.

"So who do we escort?" Sasuke asked getting down to the chase.

"I don't know?" Lady Tsunade answered them.

Sasuke scrunch up his face in confusion. He was thinking what kind of mission this was. Naruto didn't understand what she mean. He wondered how could the Hokage not know who they were escorting and Sakura was trying to get the full story in her head.

"Hold on, what do you mean you don't know?" Naruto asked her.

"Every four years, our neighbour the land of tea holds a dedication ceremony at the Great Todoroki Shrine and each time, we are asked to escort a runner who will be participating in the race that's part of the ceremonies. This year, the messengers who were bringing the request were attacked before they could get here." Lady Tsunade explained her answer.

Sasuke realise why this mission could very well turn into an A rank mission. If this year someone was attacking the messengers from the land of tea then something or someone was trying to stop them from going to that ceremony but why?

"Who attack them?" Naruto asked wanting to know more.

"I'm sorry but I'm still not following this story very well." Sakura asked trying to find out the whole story.

"Well don't worry about that right now. When you meet Boss Jirochou, he will fill you in on everything." Lady Tsunade said.

"When we meet Boss Jirochou? Ohh that gamble guy we met." Naruto said remembering Boss Jirochou when he went to find Lady Tsunade.

"That's everything I know, so no wasting time. They are expecting you by the land of tea by the end of the day. So get movin!" Lady Tsunade said

"Got it" They all said.

"Right don't worry. You can count on us." Naruto said about to leave.

Suddenly, a puff of smoke appear in the middle of the room. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura were coughing as the smoke come over them. Sasuke peeped through the smoke to see 3 figures standing there in front of them.

His eyes widen as he sees the flash of white hair through the thick smoke. As the smoke clears Naruto and Sakura could start to see the 3 figures. The smoke disappears revealing Kichiro, Eiji and Hanako.

"Welcome back." Lady Tsunade smiled.

"Lady Tsunade." Eiji and Kichiro bowed.

Sasuke watched as Eiji and Kichiro bow while Hanako stood in the middle of them standing. Lady Tsunade didn't seem offended by this at all but just simply smile back at them.

"So how was the missions?" She asked them.

Suddenly a puff of smoke appear on her desk revealing jars of wine and tea as well as snacks. Lady Tsunade quickly picks up the wine and looks at it. She smiles even more as she starts looking at the other jars of wine. Shizune quickly tries to take the wine away from Lady Tsunade.

"Some of the people would like to thank you for accepting their requests even in times of despair so they have given gift to you as a sign of appreciation and thanks. Fresh wine from one of the Feudal Lords and snacks from the rest." Kichiro said much to Lady Tsunade's delight.

"Lady Tsunade, later. You are working right now." Shizune said taking away the wine causing Lady Tsunade to shout at her.

Naruto and Sakura were watching the shouting match Lady Tsunade and Shizune were having but Sasuke was looking at Hanako's back. He wanted her to turn around but she didn't. He notices Eiji side glances at him before smirking and looking away causing Sasuke to boil in anger.

"So you have completed all your mission?" Lady Tsunade asked them settling down back to her seat causing Shizune to sigh in relief.

"Yes, Lady Tsunade. All the money has been given to the office to sort out." Eiji said.

Lady Tsunade looks at Hanako who seemed to be in a world of her own. She glances to Sasuke seeing him staring at her. She smiles to herself knowing that Hanako's beauty was one of a kind and even the Uchiha was interested in her.

"Kichiro how about accompanying Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke on their mission to the land of tea." Lady Tsunade said smiling.

"What?" Naruto, Sakura, Eiji and Kichiro shouted while Sasuke and Hanako remained silent.

"Since Kakashi sensei isn't here, Kichiro can go and look after you guys in replacement of Kakashi sensei for the time being." Lady Tsunade said.

"How about Eiji and the girl?" Sakura asked Lady Tsunade.

"Unfortunately, they can't go with you. I have missions for them to complete at the moment. I can afford to at least send Kichiro with you guys but not those two. They are needed here." Lady Tsunade said watching Sasuke's expression.

Sasuke clenched his fist at the thought of Eiji and Hanako being alone without Kichiro to watch them. He sees Eiji turn around to look at him before moving closer to Hanako causing him to grit his teeth. To Eiji's surprise, Hanako moved to the side a bit making space between them causing Sasuke to smile a bit in relief.

"Eiji, there are your missions and here are your missions, Black wolf." Lady Tsunade said before placing 2 big piles of papers on her desk.

"Wah! Why is there so many missions?" Naruto asked while Sasuke and Sakura's eyes widen in surprise.

"Because that's the amount of missions they each can complete in a few days or 1 week. This pile is for Eiji and this is for the Black Wolf." Lady Tsunade said placing one hand on one pile and placing the other on a pile twice to thrice the size of the other pile.

"So they won't be working together?" Naruto asked.

"No. Some of these missions are specific request for specific individuals. As you can see quite a lot of lords started to request for the Black wolf after her battle in the Chunnin exams before then it was just lords requesting." Lady Tsunade said causing Sasuke to relax a bit more.

"We will be taking our leave, Lady Tsunade." Eiji said before they both disappear along with the piles of paper.

"Well we better get going squirt." Kichiro said before walking off.

"Hey!"