Chapter 1: Into the New World

The sudden onslaught of wind threw your hair out of its bun and whipping behind you.

Your eyes squinted through the wind at the book in your hands as the inked lines and words swirled together. Out of everything that happened that day, this was the most random, unexpected, and unbelievable. On the one day you decided to pick back up the manga to continue where you left off, something in the world just up and goes 'oh hey, let's do some weird unworldly thing to (Y/N) today.'

There was a pause in the pressure, your hair falling back down and giving you only a moment to widen your eyes at the book, as it went in reverse.

Instead of holding onto the book to keep it from being flown away from you. You were now doing your best to hold yourself back from being sucked into the inky darkness that consumed the pages of the book.

Tears of frustration flew from your eyes as you hair swung around your face. If you were to survive this, who would even believe you if you told them something like this happened.

A soundless scream escaped from your mouth. The noise of the world drowned out by the rush of wind pulling you into the book. You tried your best to tighten your grip, the pages scraping along your palm and fingers. Your arms trembled, the thought of you suddenly disappearing from your home frighteningly loud in your head.

With the book in your hands pressed against the wall, you raised your feet and slammed them against the wall of your room. Hoping to stop yourself from flying into the book, and to get your parents in the next room over to see what the noise was.

It was deemed futile when nothing else happened. Just you and the book, defying gravity being stuck to wall.

More tears poured from your eyes as you could feel your arms start to give in to the pressure.

'Mom... dad... brothers... I love you guys.'

There wasn't enough time to give yourself any more thoughts as you lost your grip on the book, getting pulled in hands first.

~~~

It felt as though someone had a grip on your body, squeezing you to fit inside a tube. You winced through the pain and could feel your ears pop as the sound of wind rushing by your ears became apparent.

The pressure that was squishing you was gone, but you had shut your eyes as soon as you opened them.

You were miles up in the air, speeding towards the ground. The only thing you could think of to break your fall would be the mass amount of what looked to be purple trees. It was going to hurt a lot, and you just knew that you're going to break most of your ribs.

As you continued to fall, you did your best to not curl up into a ball. Thinking that you would need to do your best to get some air resistance to slow down your fall.

Your head was pounding and your eyes stung as they wandered everywhere to find as safe as a place you could to crash land.

Without your glasses, and the fact that you were falling really fast, everything was a blur.

'This is it...'

With the shock of the events that went by in rapid succession, you couldn't even let out a scream as the trees grew closer and closer. Now that you were so close to the ground, there was no point in trying to slow down your fall.

Curling up, you braced yourself the best that you could. You tucked in your chin. Your arms braced the side of your head as you hooked your hands behind your neck, and you brought your knees up to your chest. Lastly, you made sure that your tongue was behind your teeth as you loosely clenched them.

You could vaguely hear the sound of shouts through the rushing wind before the onslaught of branches. You ground your teeth together as you fall into branch after branch. The ground was rough and you could feel the last of your breath forced out as you landed sideways. You couldn't help crying out, the pain was unbearable.

Pain pierced every exposed and unexposed part of your body. You wailed out in pain, it hurt to breath. The fabric of your track pants stuck to the cuts. Red bloomed from different spots on both your pants and sweater.

It hurt so much.

You recoiled back in pain as you felt someone touching your shoulder. "No!" You finally screamed out. Pain shooting up your back as you pulled away from the person. You forced your eyes open as you tried to understand what they were saying.

There were more people crowded in front of you than you thought there would be. Their clothes seemed strange to you, not that you could even see well through the pain and missing glasses. Your body jerked a few times as you felt the bile rising from your stomach. Retching on the dirt in front of you, the burning of your throat was the least of your worries as you tried to get up.

Squinting at the people in front of you, you pushed yourself away from your bile. Doing your best to at least sit up. A fit of painful coughs seized your body, making you fling one of your hands to you mouth. Each cough made it feel like your ribs were stabbing your lungs. The blood that stained your hand when it was over only confirmed how badly your lungs were injured.

"Help... Me..." Were the last words you were able to wheeze out before collapsing once more under the shade of the wisteria trees.