Chapter 6: Bending over Backwards (Heads or Tails?)

Uzui never came back to your room that day, or the next. It wasn't until the forth day had passed that Kocho was the one who you woke up to.

You watched as she gave you the routine check-up. Poking and prodding where your body used to be littered with bruises.

"Good morning Kocho-san."

She gave you a nod as she work her way down to your legs.

It surprised you, how fast you healed within a few weeks. You looked over to where your glasses would have been on the night table beside you. It came as a kind of shock to you, that even without your glasses your eyes seemed to be adjusting to this world. Things slowly coming more into focus than they did before.

Your attention was taken away from it as you jolted from Kocho's hands. She had given your leg a squeeze, your right one. 

The muscles felt like they were going to cramp up, but the tension left your leg almost as soon as it had happened. "Well, that didn't feel like it was supposed to happen." Kocho was looking at you, gauging your reaction as she squeezed your leg once more. Your brows furrow for only a second when that feeling arose when she did so.

"It is safe to say that it will take a few more days for this to heal. However..." You could only stare at her blankly. Yes, you were learning the language, but they seem to forget that it's going to take you a while to pick it up fluently. Kocho let out a sigh before sending you a smile that was a lot softer than you were used to. "Are you ready for more intense exercise?"

Showing her a bright smile, you nodded your head vigorously. "Yes, absolutely!

After finishing your daily examination Kocho brought you down the hallways of the estate, stopping at a large room. The inside reminded you of a dojo, there were mats set in both the center of the room and on one of the sides. "Here you will begin what we call recovery training." You watched as she gestured to the mats on the side of the room. "You will start off by having your body stretched out to both help with your circulation and your flexibility." She moves on to a small table that you didn't notice until just then. "This is where you test your reflex and reaction time. The girls will explain this part a bit more." Lastly she brings your attention to the center of the room. It looks like she's going to make you grapple* someone. "You will be playing a simple game of tag. It will help bring your stamina back up as Aoi and Kanao will be who you will try to tag.

Looking back at Kocho with the same blank look, she let out a laugh. Her words were lost on you, but you had a general idea that there were three different exercises that you had to go through daily as a means to get your body back into shape. 

She guides you over to the mats on the side, gesturing for you to wait there.

Standing there to wait was no issue at all, as you could stand for at least 10 minutes straight without your muscles having to strain. Balancing you weight evenly on both feet, you left your hands in front of you, left placed over your right as you waited.

It didn't even feel like a minute passed when Kocho returned with Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho.

The three girls became familiar to you as they helped Aoi out during your recovery. Helping with the changing of your bandages and standing to the side in case you fell during your walks with Aoi.

You greeted them with a bow and a smile on your face. They returned your greeting and motioned you to sit on the ground. Sitting down, you let out a breath to relax your body as they took your arms in their hands.

At first, the stretching was pleasant, like one of those real nice stretches you would do in the mornings. However the three girls kept going, one girl was at each of your legs, the third one behind you pressing on your back. They were pushing you into the splits and you could only wince in pain as the muscles pulled. Your eyes squeezing shut as you sat with your legs shaping a wide 'V' and Naho pushing you down to deepen the stretch.