Chapter 2: The Butterfly Estate

It was dark in your mind.

Your body felt heavy, as if something was holding you down.

Whispers.

The sound of people talking getting louder as pain started to seep back into your chest.

A hard cough forced itself out of you as you sat up, the heavy feeling from before now apparent to you as you looked down to see your chest wrapped in bandages.

"What..." Looking around, you were no longer in that forest of purple trees. You sat in a bed that seemed similar to a hospital ward. Coughing a few more times, you gave yourself a chance to take in where you laid.

There were, what looked like, a few other beds lined up along the one you were in. Others lined the wall across from you. The beds seemed like they were made in soft white linen. Beside you was a small cup filled with what you could assume to be water.

Reaching out to it to take a sip, you winced in pain. Your arm, both of them, were wrapped heavily much like your chest. Thinking about it now, your sweater and track pants were missing, and in place of them you had some sort of Gi* on. Pushing down the pain, you were finally able to have a drink.

It wasn't until you finish what was in the cup that you realized the whispers were gone. Eyes wide, you flipped your head to the side to see what you thought were three little girls poking their heads into the room. 

Surprised by your sudden attention their faces go red and they scamper away.

"Wait!" You called out to them, but they were already out of sight. You could hear their feet stomping away from the room. Just as fast as they had left, another girl appeared. 

Her stern blue eyes shocked you, but what surprised you even more was when she opened her mouth to speak to you. "I know you just got up, but you're going to have to wait for Kocho-sensei before we can do anything else. I do know that you have a few broken ribs so you should lie back down." You couldn't help but squint at her in confusion. Your head tilted slightly as you lock eyes.

"Sorry, I have no idea what you just said."

Her eyebrows rose once before furrowing. "Do you not understand what I'm saying?" Now you were shaking your head. The motion bringing on a ache in your head. It was apparent to you which language was being spoken, but without any obvious subtitles, or form of translation, you were at a complete loss.

She stopped to ponder for a moment. You gave yourself another look over as a sense of panic began to rise.

You were bare under the Gi aside from your underwear. It still hurt to breath and you could see blood stains on the bandages wrapped around your chest and arms. Wiggling your toes, your feet and ankles were surprisingly fine. However, as you went to flex your calf, a sharp pain stopped you, making you wince.

The pressure on your chest came back as your breath quickened. You struggled to keep a hold of your thoughts. You were so close to death.

You were falling to your death.

Tears formed at your eyes as you continued to panic. The pain in your chest and calf only making it worse.

Remembering how painful it was to hit the ground.

There was no way-"Ah! Stop moving around while I go get Kocho-sensei.

The blue eyed girl's words stopped your spiraling thoughts. There was that name again, Kocho, maybe this person was a doctor here that treated you. You could only nod your head slowly at her as she pushed you back to lay on the bed before walking out.