New Year Special Chapter!

I just want to thank everyone who has been supportive of 'Am I Home?' I'm extremely grateful to have so many readers interested and interacting with my story. I've put a ton of effort and time into this Demon Slayer FanFiction more than I have with any other works of mine, and it makes me so happy to see other people enjoy it as well.

So in celebration of that, and as to not take up too much more of your time with this author's note, I present to you 'Am I Home?'s  New Year Special Chapter!!! (Please keep in mind that anything within this chapter is not canonical to the actual plot of the main storyline... [mostly lol] I really just wanted to treat you all <3)

~~~~~

You honestly never thought you would be stuck here for a long as you have been.

At first, you thought you'd wake up from this crazy dream, there was absolutely no way that you were inside Demon Slayer.

Not only that, but then you even got training under Uzui, as well as some guidance from Kocho and Rengoku. You had learned along the grape vine (from the Kakushi around the Butterfly Estate mostly,) that those three were of the highest ranking of Demon Slayers. You actually had no idea that they were, you only guessed that they were high ranked since the Kakushi and other Slayers that were in and out of the estate were so respectful of them.

It wasn't just those three, the other people of the estate, Naho, Kiyo and Sumi. Aoi and Kanao, and even the three boys Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke... They all had been extremely kind to you even with the major language barrier that you had to work your way around.

You must have been here for months, and if you were to go by how much colder the days had gotten, it was nearing the end of the year.

Letting out a sigh, your breath came out as a cloud from the difference of the cold temperature outside. 

Kanao tilted her head at you. She wondered what was on your mind this time.

The Tsuguko had been excitedly waiting to have tea with you as soon as you had gotten back from a mission. As soon as she saw you walking around outside of the ward as the sun was rising, she, impulsively for the first time, grabbed a hold of your arm. 

She had startled you of course, as you never expected it from her, but you were always happy to spend some time with Kanao.

The steam from the teacup wafted into the air as the two of you sitting on the engawa looked out into the garden.

Snow had covered the ground, making it harder and challenging to train with the colder weather. A shiver racked through your body, prompting you to take another sip of the tea. A satisfied sigh now escaping you.

With a smile, Kanao mimicked your actions and the two of you continued to sit in comfortable silence.

"Alright!" You were done with thinking and really wanted to warm yourself up. Turning to Kanao you held your hand out to her. "Let's do some training!"

~~~

You kind of regret your decision of training in the snow.

It was fun, don't get yourself wrong. Doing your best to keep yourself up while dodging attacks from Kanao was a more challenging spar that you've ever anticipated in. 

The downside was that, the both of you eventually fell. With the snow covering the ground, the both of you were unable to see any of the protruding rocks. Kanao's foot had gotten caught by one and proceeded to tip over. Disregarding the spar, you lunged forward to catch her.

Catching her also involved in you breaking her fall into the snow. 

You back was soaked as the snow slowly seeped into your clothes. The snow was too light to have broken your fall as well, so now your back stung from how hard you fell.