Chapter 16: Rehabilitation

You had mentioned it to them before, about the recovery training.

Time seemed to have flown by rather quickly, and before they knew it, Tanjiro and Inosuke were standing inside what you had dubbed as the training dojo. 

They noticed you were standing beside Aoi as she explain what they were to go through for the recovery training. Your eyes sparkled as you tugged on Aoi's sleeve, with your mixed words and fast hand movements Tanjiro had no idea what you were asking of her until you stepped up to Sumi, Naho and Kiyo. 

"A demonstration for you!"

Aoi spoke up as you sat down on the mat. "First you'll lie down and the girls will loosen up your stiff muscles."

Tanjiro then watched in horror as the three young Butterfly girls massaged and stretched you in ways that he had no idea someone could be stretched.

Your energy was at an all time high, and the excitement was rolling off of you in waves. Being able to help the two with the recovery training that you had gone through yourself made you feel more than you thought it would. You had paid them no mind, glad you could help demonstrate what he and Inosuke were going to do while Aoi was explaining the benefits to it all as you did so. Instead, you were smiling, being able to go through all of this again, even if it was only going to be for a little bit.

Between all your self training and working around the wards, you didn't have as much leisure time to spend with the girls. Most of the time just spending meal times together whenever you caught a break. Even then, you had been spending more time with the three boys during lunch time as interacting with them always brightened you day. The four of you were all grins as they finished up the stretches. "Wow!" It really did feel more refreshing to you now, even more so than before when you had started to do it yourself once you were done with the recovery training.

You couldn't help squeezing the three of them into a hug tight enough to have them all both giggling and squirming for air. 

Before moving on, it was time for Tanjiro and Inosuke to tackle the stretches. All you could think of was of the expressions Tanjiro made. Was that what you looked like when you were doing it the first time around? You were a bit more glad that you got to go through it with no other slayers around.

Inosuke on the other hand, had taken to the stretches like champ. Getting you to raise your eyebrows at how nonchalant he was as being bent all sorts of ways. It wasn't like the bulging eyes on his boar mask gave away to how he was feeling about it.

After being thoroughly turned into rubber Tanjiro sat at the side of the table of cups as you and Aoi faced each other. Inosuke sitting a ways behind him, but still focused on the two of you. "The next is reflex training. Each of these cups contain medicinal tea that can be applied topically. You will compete to see who has to take the medicine. If your opponent holds down your cup before you can raise it, then you have to 'drink.'"

They barely saw your hands move as Aoi had called out to start. Next thing Tanjiro knew, Aoi was soaked with the tea that was sitting in the cups.

Turing to him, your grin was split across your face. You reflexes had improved by so much that Aoi could only close her eyes to stop the tea from getting in them. The both of you knew that Tsuyuri was probably the only other capable person here to match your speed at this exercise. Tanjiro's nose was practically smothered in your excitement, you were just having so much fun.

"Your turn!" You called out to him after handing Aoi a towel. Expect, he wasn't facing you as he thought he would, it was Aoi. At some point Tsuyuri had entered the room and joined you at your side as Tanjiro sat himself down.