Chapter 7: A Hard Path To Follow

You were up by sunrise the next day.

Not by your own accord.

Aoi had pulled the covers right off of you. Getting right to work for your morning evaluations. Making sure that you were all ready to go for a morning walk.

Out of all the injuries that you've sustained from your fall, your right leg was the worst. You couldn't put your finger on what it was, but it felt like a nerve or one of your tendons was damaged. Any time Aoi or Kocho sensei had squeezed your leg a certain way, it would seize up. Flexing your muscle and straining it more that it should.

There was a possibility that it was just a phantom pain. Since it seemed like the rest of you had healed up rather well in the time that you spent in the recovery ward. You recalled a time where you had almost broken your ankle on the same leg. The doctors back home has claimed that you had healed with no issues. Despite their words, there were times when you were exercising that a sudden pain would flare up on your ankle.

With a shrug, keeping that thought in the back of your head you took the steaming cup of medicinal tea from Aoi and got up out of the bed.

That morning seemed to have been your last official stay in the ward. As the three younger butterfly girls took it upon themselves to scramble in and gather what little items you had and leaving the room with them. This made you look at Aoi in confusion. "What are you guys doing, and where are you taking my things?" You couldn't help but look down at the bed since you were already up an on your feet. "Its not like I had that many things with me to begin with..." You fiddled with the hem of your Gi.

Speaking of, does that mean you finally got to change out of the Gi? You wanted to be back in your track pants and sweater. Before you had a chance to let your thoughts wander father than they already had, Aoi had taken hold of you elbow. Directing you out the door of the recovery room.

"We're moving you over to a new room. Your own room." Aoi's slight smile brought one to your own face. You were happy that they weren't just about to kick you out after all that you've already started. "I'll still be checking on you routinely since you'll be going through the recovery training. But you'll be happy to have a room all to yourself now."

Thinking about it now, there weren't many other demon slayers that had come in to use the Recovery room while you were there. It seemed like it was rare to have anyone there for longer than two or three nights. You remember the small moments where they would bring other slayers into the recovery room late at night. Only for them to have already left by the time you woke up. The people here must have some kind of insane recovery time.

 Aoi paused on your walk down the hallways. She had to stop you from almost smacking your face into the wall she turned you to face. "Here we are."

The door to the room was left ajar and you were left with a feeling akin to surprise. Granted that you were in older Japan era, the room seemed warm and cozy as Sumi, Naho and Kiyo were setting some things down on a shelf beside some extra Gis.

"This is for me?" You voice startled the three, jolting them from their spots. Turning around the face you, there were grins on their faces. If you were to turn and face Aoi, you would see one on her face as well. However, your eyes focused on what it was that the three girls had placed on the shelf.

Neatly folded and patched up, was your track pants and sweater. Swallowing back the tears at the sight, a melancholy smile pulled at your lips as you passed the girls and patted the clothes. "Thank you..." You couldn't get any more words out without wanting to let out a wail. Thoughts of your family washing over you.