Chapter 63

Assassins' Strip Club
Chapter 63
Eren

After everything is sorted in Mexico, Levi, Xander, Dustin, and I fly to Italy to meet with the Mafia. I'm a little worried and have no idea what to expect, but I trust Levi to guide me.

Italy is a beautiful country. Zex didn't greet us at our landing area, he sent a car instead, which makes this visit seem a lot more formal and intimidating than Dustin's.

Luckily, Halt is at the front door of their estate to greet us. His smile seems forced as I shake his hand, seeing his second wedding ring, the one for Charlie. They've loved him longer than I have and have already begun a family with him so I can't imagine what they're feeling right now, now that his monogamous fiancée might be back on the board. Their concerns probably triple my own.

So I ask the question that's probably on everyone's mind, "Where's Zex?"

Halt looks down, seeming solemn. "He's with the baby. He likes to sit with them and talk to them when he's...emotional."

I swallow. "Any word from Charlie?"

Halt shakes his head. "Come in. I'll let you settle in your rooms and then Alexander will join us." He leads us inside the villa. I'm a little surprised we're staying here instead of the base though I feel honored to have been welcomed into their private residence.

Halt takes us to three guest rooms on the bottom floor and leaves us there. I notice burley men in black suits stationed around and wonder if they're always here or if they're only here for me.

"I told you their place would make mine seem like a playground," Dustin mumbles, typing away at a device.

Levi looks around. "It's been a while since I've been here."

Xander plays with his hair. "It's weird. I've never been here either, yet they're getting married to Charlie."

"Guess that means this is your introduction to the family." I smirk at the redhead.

He blinks. "Ah... I don't think this is the best introduction. It's all about you and D. And the Charlie situation kinda has everyone..."

I nod. "Yeah, shit timing."

Dustin pockets his device and walks around, in awe. "I need to up my game."

"We haven't even seen their base yet." I snicker.

"I think Zex inherited a lot," Xander says. "You started as nothing, so you can't be too hard on yourself, D."

I nod in agreement. "Good point. I actually don't know much about them...or his parents. Do you?" I look at Levi.

He nods. "It's not my place to tell though."

A knock sounds at the door before I can reply and I straighten out the suit Levi put me in. "Come in."

Alexander opens the door, Halt beside him, looking pristine and intimidating as ever, the only difference being his eyes seem to be holding inner turmoil.

"I'm glad you all could make it." He smiles and holds out his hand for Dustin.

Dustin blushes. "Do I treat you like a king or do I shake your hand?"

Xander laughs.

"I mean, if you want to kiss it, I won't stop you." Zex smirks.

Xander chuckles. "That's what my brother does."

Dustin blushes and shakes his hand. "Yeah, well, I also have a group to lead, so I can't exactly do that."

Zex nods and pats his shoulder. "This has been a long time coming, García, I'm glad you're here." He lets go and holds his hand out to me. "I've been waiting a long time to see a Jaeger back on the throne. You're not perfect, but good job disposing of that traitor."