Chapter 7

Assassins' Strip Club
Chapter 7
Eren

I sit up, covering myself. "Can I have my clothes now?"

"Yes, you can have my clothes."

"Right." I smile and grab the clothing, pulling on his briefs first then the rest. "Are you all just here in this building? What is this building anyways? Are we like, under the club or something?"

He shakes his head. "We're above the club. It's HQ."

"Wicked." I stand up. "So everyone you, catch or kill or whatever, they're all guilty?"

"Yes. We're vigilantes."

I nod. A part of me finds that disappointing. I ignore it, as usual. "Where to now?"

"Up to you, soldier." He gets up, stretching.

"Well, I think it's about time I got a tour of the place, unless you still don't trust me." I wink.

Levi grabs my hand and pulls me out. "This is over the club. This whole floor is mine. The one above it is yours," he explains.

"Damn, a whole floor?" I gape.

"Yup." He pulls me down to an elevator where we go to level -1. "This is the training floor. There's a shooting range, sparring mats, the pole dance practice room, the torture conditioning room..."

My eyes linger on that one. "Who pays for all this?"

"We make lots of money. Don't worry about that yet."

I nod, memorizing my surroundings. "Who runs it at the moment?"

"Erwin because I declined. I'm supposed to be the one."

"That would've been nice to know when I met him." I bump Levi's shoulder. "I thought he liked me at first... not so sure anymore."

"He likes you."

I naturally breathe out a sigh of relief, despite not actually caring that much about the blond's opinion of me for anything other than tactical reasons. "Why'd you decline?"

"I... It didn't feel right."

I nod in understanding. Right now, it doesn't feel right for me either but maybe that will change.

"Want to look at the other floors?"

"Sure."

He grabs my hand again and starts humming, taking us to level -2. "This is the armory. It's not down too low just in case we have an attack. Erwin said it should be here, but I think we should switch the training floor with the armory."

I nod, looking around at all the assorted weapons. I'm feeling the childish urge to run around touching everything but these aren't toys and I shouldn't treat them that way.

Levi runs his fingers over some guns I can't name and he closes his eyes, sighing contently. "The next three floors down are where everyone else lives, then it goes the prison, and the lowest level is the torture chamber."

"Cool, er, this is a really nice facility."

"Thanks, I guess."

I nod. "It's strange but... I feel more comfortable here than I've ever felt back at school, or even at home for that matter."

"Carla visits from time to time, while the club is closed."

"So even mom knew?" I shake my head. "How have they kept this from me all this time, I must be a fucking idiot."