Chapter 15

Assassins' Strip Club
Chapter 15
Eren

"Bastard." I chuckle, my fingers in the mirror brushing over the mark Levi had left on my neck. I could cover it with the right amount of makeup and dedication but I decide to leave it on display. People can think whatever they want, at least while I'm still in training.

I exit the bathroom and head into my walk-in closet which has way too much room for the small amount of clothing I possess. I pull on some black skinny jeans and a dark green, short sleeved, button up. I should really start caring more about my appearance, not only for Levi's sake, but for the sake of my reputation. If I want these people to take me seriously, I should dress seriously.

I pull on my shoes and slip on the silver choker I'd worn last night before spraying some cologne on and heading down to the club. I don't bring my bag but I do slip my knife and phone into my pockets. Once on the club's floor I head over to the bar, smiling at the woman who'd pointed Levi out for me when I'd first came here, and ordering a glass of sake.

"You're Petra, right?" I ask.

She smiles. "You remember."

"Yeah, of course." I smile back, taking a sip of my drink. "When I first came here, did you know who I was at the time?"

"No. Levi was the only one. Said something about 'knowing those eyes anywhere' and the fact that you have his old knife," she explains.

I feel the knife's weight in my pocket and nod, hoping I'm not blushing. "I see."

"I hear you two are a thing now. Is that true?"

"A thing? Damn, word sure does travel fast but no, I wouldn't say we're a thing. Right now we're just kind of feeling each other out." I shrug. 

"I think he likes you if that means anything." She winks. "I'm assuming you're here to watch Levi with the best experience possible?"

"I am."

She shows me to the perfect couch and sets up a bucket with iced champagne. "I hope you enjoy the show. It'll really be the main attraction. I hope you don't get too restless watching the opening acts."

I thank her and take a seat, conscious of the eyes on me and pull out my phone to entertain myself with while I wait. I pour myself a glass of champagne and sip it occasionally.

The first act comes on and I watch with fleeting interest while texting Armin. He seems to be having an existential crisis and keeps screaming to me about bees. He's very concerned about the bees, and rightly so.

After a few more acts that I didn't really pay attention to, I hear Hange's voice over the speakers.

"Now for the main event. Some of you know him as the Demon, the Devil, the Temptress, or Lust, but we all know him as the dancer who is a dime in a dozen, a rarity to see here. People gather around at the slightest rumor he may be performing. Men speculate that he may be a god, as no human can move like this, to capture any and everyone's attention." Hange pauses and I have no idea that they're the one who came up with this intro. "Give it up everyone for Sniper."

"Marry me!" Someone yells from on top of a table with their hands cupped around their mouth. "Or just fuck me!"

I ignore them and instead focus on the performance, not disappointed.

Smoke is covering the stage as the lights that were nonexistent turn on to their lowest level, creating an ominous atmosphere. It's hard to see and I look around for Levi.

My eyes settle on a form sitting on the floor with their head, swaying hypnotizingly in place for thirty-five seconds before snapping their head up, crawling towards the crowd like an animal about to strike as Marilyn Manson's voice floods the room.