Chapter 58

Assassins' Strip Club
Chapter 58
Eren

"I guess the grave I've been visiting all these years is a phony." I chuckle as I stare up at the display of my father's skeleton. "Mom told me how you really died. Shit way to go."

I get a text from Charlie telling me he'd successfully replaced the security cameras visual to a loop of the room without me in it. I send him a thank you before putting the device on silent.

It's been a few days since Ronan's escape and he's nowhere to be found. I know he'll be back though. The card he left proves as much.

See you soon!

Bastard.

"Dad... I want to believe I've made you proud, but, I know I've done some things that aren't worth being proud of and unfortunately... I'm going to keep doing them." I tell my father.

Ronan had illuminated a non violent path for me. A way to take out Erwin where the only person in danger is me.

I don't want to just capture him, I want to completely humiliate him. I want his downfall to be caused by his own disgusting desires. I want him to believe he's won, that he's finally gotten everything he wanted, that he has the prinz under his control. And once he's at his highest of highs I want to rip it all out from under him. He will lose everything in an instant just as Charlie had when the bastard took Ethan Dechart from him. He will know true victory and then true defeat all in the span of days.

I want him to know what he could've had had he not messed with me. And I want to be the one to take it all from him. I want to see the look of defeat on his face right before he dies. I want him to suffer.

Being a photographer, I've always loved the poetry of the macabre, and this will be the perfect instance of it.

In the end, the only person to blame for Erwin's death will be Erwin himself. If he hadn't been so consumed by lust and control, this never would've happened.

The only problem with my plan is that my inner circle won't approve. Levi and Charlie I know for sure. I saw how Levi reacted when I pretended that I wanted Ronan. He'd gone stiff, stepped away, let go of my hand.

Doing this will hurt him significantly.

And Charlie... my poor Charlie. I'd already tried to regain Erwin's attention in order to get information on Ethan's body and the pain that alone caused him...

He might never forgive me. But it has to be done.

This is what I want.

"Dad... I don't blame you for what's happened to the Corps since your death. You couldn't have known that Levi would turn down the position or how horrible Erwin would become." I sigh. "I wish I had your guidance now. I want to be a good soldier and an even better king. I want to be a king you'd be proud of. And Levi..." I smile. "You gave him to me when I was born. Even though I didn't know it, he's always been mine. I want to make him mine officially. I want to marry him, dad."

I look up at the skull as if it could respond. It doesn't.

"I've never felt love like this before. He consumes me. I like to think you'd approve, that our union would make you happy. I love him."

I tap his name into my hand as I continue. "I know your records have been messed with. I want you to know that whatever Erwin did or didn't do to you, I will get to the bottom of it. He won't die until I've stolen every last bit of information from his treacherous mind."

I stand up. "I was weak before, Dad, but not anymore. It's time for me to be the prinz. A prinz worthy of his title. If you're watching me, I need you to look away now, for the things I'm about to do are shameful, but when you look back I will be König."