# 31

A/N : Firstly, thank you for showering so much love to the previous chapter. We crossed 200 comments. It really means a lot. Secondly, just to compensate for the delays , here's a little longer chapter. Happy reading!

Chapter is unedited

{ T H I R T Y - O N E }

- - ⚜️ - -

"What?" Armaan cried. He stood up, putting the quilt back on bed, which had managed to fall with him.

" Dude, I wanna listen your song. Right now!" Inaya banged her fist on the mattress.

Armaan stared at the girl sitting on bed in front of him. Was she crazy? No doubt. A minute ago, she had fallen asleep while they were talking about random stuff. Random, but not that boring which would make you fall asleep. And now all of a sudden she wants him to sing?

" Please mere liye ga na !" Inaya made a puppy face, to which as usual, Armaan couldn't refuse. Inaya was drunk and hence it was no use of arguing with a drunkhead. Shrugging his shoulder defeated, He went back to his room only to appear back with his Ukelele that he had brought recently.

Composing himself on the chair, he asked, " Which song?"

"Koi bhi chalega." Inaya chirped. A smile crept on Armaan's face as he saw Inaya sitting cross-legged on bed, like an obedient child. She rested her chin on her interlaced fingers and waited for him to start. Maybe the alcohol was having it's affect on her.

Pondering for a while, Armaan cleared his throat and started humming softly, the strings of guitar rolling. The guitar in his hands sang the language of the universe, those serenades that come to the heart in quietness and were born as a song. When he hummed it was more beautiful than softest of singers. His gentle humming filled the room, giving Inaya a sense of calmness. Inaya knew that one day they'll be all grown up, one day they'll leave to start their adult life, and the soft melodies will float around as memories. But for now, Inaya wanted to savour each note, for they made her feel at home like nothing else could.

" They say you like me." Inaya's voice made Armaan's finger stop abruptly. The music stopped, his voice was lost. The room was filled with silence. This time it was surrounded by an unsettling feeling. Armaan looked up at Inaya, and found her staring right back at him.

" Heer and Aarushi said." Inaya clarified. "Usually I don't care what they say, but the point is, is it true?"

Armaan felt some unsettling feeling inside his stomach. He didn't knew what to say. He admitted the fact that he had started growing some feelings towards Inaya. He had started noticing a lot of things about her. The way she used to crack a smile at him , the way she used to pronounce his name, the way she had started to say that she loves him. He was observing her a lot, maybe at times staring longer than required. But he still wasn't sure of his growing feelings. It was too early for him to come to any conclusion. He was unsure but more than that, he was scared. What if a slightest of mistake would create misunderstanding in their friendship.

Inaya's laughter broke his chain of thoughts, " Itna serious Kyun ho Gaya? I was just asking."

Armaan shook his head in response.

" But yah! Agar tu koi future plans Bana Raha hai toh let me clear this out," She cleared her throat, " I'm not available till next five years."

Armaan raised his brow questioningly at her. " This isn't a company internship, where you are looking for a relationship that would become productive in five years."