• BEHIND THE WORDS •

So I found this little segment -BEHIND THE WORDS included at the end of the story by many writers in Wattpad, and honestly I really liked this idea. Hence thought of doing the same, but obviously giving it my own TADKA.  
But before we start, I have some questions and would love if you all can answer them. It will really help me as a writer, my curious brain...

Q. Who's your most favourite/liked character(s) ? 

Q. If given a chance, which is that character(s) you would like to play? 

Q.  Your most favourite scene/ one scene that you will remember forever ? 

Q. Any advice you would like to give to any character?

Q. Was there any particular chapter where you felt the story was getting drifted off or probably that part could have been skipped? 

Thank you so much for answering, like I said, I be really grateful if you all can answer the questions.

• • 

I know most of you might not want to read this part, and I'm completely okay with it. But I wanted to write this, so that in future, if I decide to visit this eighteen-year-old me... then while reading this part, I'll be proud of myself (and probably a little less embarrassed). Also I believe that there is always a story behind a story. Which is definitely true in this case. So yahhh in this particular segment I will be sharing with you all the story behind Pehli Mohabbat. 

Disclaimer: I might be repetitive at some points, please excuse me for that :)

1. Let's start with the origin of the story. I was going through a very low/tough phase of my life, when I decided to switch to writing. I always wanted to publish a story(no matter if anyone read it or not)... But never had I thought, it would be this early. (They say na life is full of unexpected surprises) Anyways, end of 2019 was lowest phase and then came 2020 - the worst phase. In between all this, I wanted an escape. I needed something to vent out my feelings. That's when Pehli Mohabbat came into picture. 

I had already started the story (like published the first two chapters in dec 2019)- but the idea of not making it a clichè-teen-rom-com, and instead use it as medium to express myself, came way later in 2020. 

Honestly I'm glad that I did start this story because it helped me overcome those challenging days. Through this story, I started expressing myself, my insecurities and my own view points. Through these characters, I talked about my own fears, hesitations and mistakes- in return I got hope. I gained that confidence, which I had lost. I found that part of myself, which had been left behind, in the race to achieve something. I probably haven't achieved much, but the least I can say is that  I'm in a better state now, thank i was two years back (touchwood). Pehli Mohabbat isn't the first story I had published on Wattpad, but it will always be close to my heart. 

2. So basically, I'm not a fan of romance fictions. My genre is more of mythological/historical fictions, mystery and thriller. Before coming to wattpad, I had never ever read any romance novel. So in a way, this genre was all together new for me and I hope I did justice to it(I'm quite satisfied)

3. Now let's talk about the characters. Initially, Aditi Sharma, Momina Mustehan, and Shirley Setia were not the actual people I had chosen for our female characters. Since the age group was supposed to be 18-20, hence, I had thought that Anushka Sen, Jannat Zubair and Avneet Kaur to be Heer, Aarushi and Inaya respectively. But gladly, I did apply some sense and changed them... And now if I look at every character and the person I chose to portray them, fits perfectly.