# 44

Chapter is not edited.

{  F O R T Y - F O U R  }

- - ⚜️ - - 

Tea is supposed to bring out sense of grace, a blessed moment. It should be brewed with tea leaves, cardamom or any other flavouring ingredient along with. Boiled for a longer period of time, to make it kadak and infuse all the flavours. So that, it has the right balance of spices, aroma and strength to make a person fall in love with it in just one sip.

The word Chai, should make you imagine, different types of tea leaves blended to make one type and flavours added that include fresh ground, saunf, lemongrass or adrak. The perfect cutting chai, has the power to make you daydream of the secret garden, of how the flowers grow so wild and free, all in its just one sip. 

He had heard all this from every chai lover he knew. But what sat in front of him, made Armaan doubt their opinions. The glass had a green tinge which meant it either was made intentionally to give the glasses an aesthetic appeal or it needed to be washed again. With a soap this time. A tiny wing of don't know which insect's was swimming at the bridges. Poor fellow, it's half body must be in some other glass! 

Shrugging, he continued jotting down the points, from Ms.Poulita's recorded lecture. He looked up when Aarushi tapped on the table to grab his attention. Putting his earphone down, he raised his brow, questioningly.

"I said plan toh accha hai... But I don't do public service?" She said taking a sip from her glass.  Armaan pinched his nose at the sipping sound she made. 

He flipped his book and said, " Duayein lagengi meri yaar! Plus don't forget it was you who ruined my movie date."

Aarushi let out a loud laugh, " Inu said it was a non date?" 

It was now Armaan's turn to laugh, " There's nothing as non date. We went out and it was a date. Until ofcourse you and Arjun came in the picture". He watched her as she tried to stifle her laugh behind the glass. 

" You really think this will work? I mean I don't look like too desperate na?" Armaan said with a serious face.

"Armaan, you are over thinking now." Aarushi chidded.

"What if she doesn't reciprocate the same feeling as i do? I don't wanna ruin this friendship yaar." Armaan said rolling his earphones and putting them in the side pocket of his bag.

"Dekh firstly Inu's feelings for you are definitely more than just a friend. Tere kehne pe she quite smoking. Even Heer agrees to it. " She said crossing her arms. "But she's definitely an airhead enough to say that a certain relationship won't be productive enough!" 

"Maybe she needs time, and I'm probably rushing."  He shrugged.

"Armaan wait karne ki bhi ek limit hoti hai." She looked at the confused face of Armaan, " All I'm trying to say is that haan do make efforts to impress her, plan dates and everything possible but to a certain limit. Joh hona hoga woh iss ek saal mein bhi ho jayega... You don't have to keep waiting for years." 

" But isn't true love all about waiting?" Armaan said.

" Yes but not on the expense of neglecting your own life. Waiting for someone who won't ever reciprocate the same feeling is not love but stupidity. "